Highlighted
BramDo
Copper

Fingerprint sensor without fingerprint unit + Dell DW5811E wwan question.

Hi, I'm a happy owner of a Dell E5270 and on The base plate there's a fingerprint sensor. However, when I install the recommended drivers there are no biometric devices. What is visible (in device manager) is Dell Control Vault w/o fingerprint sensor. Is it possible that there is a sensor but that The system lacks the optional fingerprint unit inside the laptop housing? There are no exclamation Marks in the device manager.

Secondly I've found the Dell DW5811E 3P10Y wwan card for the dell e5270 at a bargain price but i would like to know where to finf the cables in the housing? .

Thx!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Fingerprint sensor without fingerprint unit + Dell DW5811E wwan question.

BramDo,

You can click the link below to download and install the Dell Data Protection | Security Tools.

Dell Data Protection | Security Tools 

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, please send us the Dell service tag number via a private message
Drivers and Downloads
Driver order

0 Kudos
BramDo
Copper

RE: Fingerprint sensor without fingerprint unit + Dell DW5811E wwan question.

Hi Jesse, Thx but i've already tried that one. Thing is that there are no biometric devices under the device manager so the program says 'fingerprint not Connected...'. Therefore I' m wondering if the fingerprint unit (not the fingerprint reader on the base) is installed (hardware piece) just Like the Sim card is available on every e5270 but not the wwan Card which makes it usefull, what do you think?

Bram

ps do you have the hardware type/number of the fingerprint unit (like siërra wireless w... for the wwan)?

0 Kudos