Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

August 9th, 2013 11:00

Firmaware driver needed for TSSTcorp DVD+-RW SN208BB in Dell xps 15 l502x

While trying to update my devices in Dell XPS 15 L502x, I came across optical drive firmware driver. I downloaded the update because My ODD never successfully writes any DVDs. I tried installed the firmware update, but it said suitable device not found. Since I got this update under the name xps l502x I tried 3 times and finally it installed. Now only I found that my dvd drive is tsst dvd+-rw 208bb but I installed Firmaware update of ts-l633j odd. Now my odd doesnt eject and drive status led is glowing continuosly. Now I need put back original firmware driver back to ODD. Please give me a link to download firmware for TSSTcorp dvd+-rw 208bb.

807 Posts

August 10th, 2013 04:00

As I mentioned previously, Dell's support site doesn't show any firmware updates for your DVD drive under XPS L502x, so I don't know where you think you saw it...

Try here for firmware updates

http://www.tsstodd.com/eng/firmware/fwdownload/?functionvalue=list&product=SDWI&model=SN-208BB&searchText=&pTop=200&mTop=0&tabIdx=1 

807 Posts

August 9th, 2013 11:00

Why did you use a firmware update that wasn't for your drive? Dell's site only carry's updates for

TSST TS-L633C 12.7 SATA Trayload 8X DVDRW, v.DW60, A08

TSST TS-L633J 12.7 SATA Trayload 8X DVDRW

No wonder you broke it!

You'll need to scour the internet for any firmware updates for that drive. If you find one and it still doesn't work then you've bricked your DVD drive.

August 9th, 2013 23:00

I installed this firmware update since it came under the name XPS L502x which is my laptop.

Then its time time for you people to remove this firmware driver from showing up for drivers updates of XPS L502x.

Do you Have any idea about where can i get the original firmware?

August 10th, 2013 04:00

Thanks a lot Paul for the Firmware update link...

You r a real man....

No Events found!