Highlighted
Not applicable

First start Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - Where is English Language ?

Hello

I just get new laptop and it should be with Windows 10. First I tried to check the hardware configuration and see Windows desktop. But fail. It looks like hardware works but I got blue screen with some forms and cannot get at all what to do here, because the language is Poland! Laptop even talks but I cannot understand anything. At initial screen I choose the language and country (English/Ukrane), but at next screen it is still Poland and no way to get back or change to English. Why is it still Poland?

When I stick with that, I find Quick Start Guide on paper, coming with laptop, and it filled with few languages, and I can understand it, but it not contain description of the screen I see now. It possible, that blue screen is  "Finish windows setup" at some step ... though I not sure, as I not used windows 10 before.

How can I get it works in English?

How can I get to windows desktop and start work?

PS: I get laptop over post, and was not able to get help at place where I buy it. It would be nice if it possible to fix this myself, instead of repair service.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: First start Dell Inspiron 15 7000 - Where is English Language ?

You're going to need to contact the seller of the system  - you're going to need to either have the seller send you the installer for the language you want, or purchase a new license in that language.

The product key is bound to the language shipped with the system -- in this case, it's embedded on the mainboard if that was the language shipped by Dell.  You'll need to purchase a new product key for the language you want to install.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Thanks for your comment. As you can see in my initial message, it is hard to contact seller directly, as I get laptop over post. The closest seller is more than 1000 kilometers far from me. I use phone to communicate, so it is not easy to solve this over phone. I already tried this. Though I hope to resolve this online with Dell support.

The information you mentioned is valuable for me. Is it mentioned by Dell documents I can access online? I would try to check them. Or this info coming from your experience?

You mentioned the case option like language is bound to product key. How can I ensure my laptop product key set with language or not?

I downloaded and trying recovery like here www.dell.com/.../how-to-create-and-use-the-dell-windows-recovery-image will this not works (I mean language)?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
10 Diamond

You won't be able to do anything through Dell support without having the seller transfer the system into your name - so it starts there.

You can try looking up the details of the system using the service tag at the Dell site (likely in Poland, if it came with a Polish version of Windows), but you're going to find that until you reach the seller, you essentially have an orphan system - you won't have any warranty or support until the seller initiates a warranty transfer into your name.

If the service tag DOES show up, it'll indicate the language of Windows shipped with the system.  If it doesn't , see above - you need the seller.  If you can't reach the seller, realize that you have 1.  no warranty in this case, and 2.  that you'll end up having to buy a product key for Windows in the language you want.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I was able to fix. I started windows image installation from dell support page, and it asks for language at initial point. After that I get a fresh English Windows 10 set up on my new laptop. Funny thing, but I stick on page where I should enter username for windows login :). I realize this only when get this screen in English.

Looks like information you have differs then actually happen. Probably this because of each location can have different options. As about warranty you mentioned. The warranty in my location actually extremely weak, and could take some time until any result. While this time I have to find hardware and set up software to make it works with tools I use. So as I know this I am ready for that (no warranty) and this not the problem of Dell, but rather the place where I am now.

Any way thanks for your efforts.

0 Kudos