cookswv
1 Copper

RE: Flickering horizontal lines always on screen (XPS 15 9530)

I too am having the same issue and mines still under warranty. I'm also having trouble with the mouse pad sticking, no i dont eat or drink around it and the laptop is kept put up and clean. 

0 Kudos
pkadanec
1 Copper

Same issue with me. I had the screen replaced. All was fine for about 3 weeks, then guess what, the lines are back. They are most visible when you run the individual color tests for me, on the Gray solid color. I have had:

The motherboard replaced

The battery replaced

The LCD replaced

Dell, this seems to be a common issue. What will you do to rectify?

I await your response..

PS, i have run ALL the tests including the startup test.

Paul

0 Kudos
jonathany70
1 Copper

Hi, my XPS 15 9530 has exactly this problem. It just started a few days ago, and the system was new in August 2015. It is apparent even whilst viewing the bios settings, so can't be an operating system driver. It also is apparent whether using Intel or Nvidia graphics.

Sounds like the others here had hardware problems - I think I have the same issue. How do I go about raising a service request?

0 Kudos
TonyHondaFreak
1 Copper

Exactly the same issue with me. I can also see it on a grey screen. The bright colours on the screen test do not show the issue. You can slightly see the issue if you run the more detailed screen test using the FN key on start up with the dark colours.

I am currently on the phone to Dell support (Been on hold for over 30mins now) and I am interested to see what they will do. 

0 Kudos
TonyHondaFreak
1 Copper

Well of course I got cut off after waiting almost an hour on the phone.... Come on dell... its bad enough that your website has no form of email address I could respond to for support let alone any help other than the standard FAQ's. It seems like you provide and sell warranty just to make more money and then don't help out!

0 Kudos

Hi Tony,

We regret the inconvenience and sincerely apologize for the same ! Do send us the service tag of the system via private message so that I can assist you further.

Regards,

DELL-Jennifer K
Social Media and Community Professional
#IWork4Dell
Manuals and Drivers

0 Kudos
TonyHondaFreak
1 Copper

Hi Jennifer,

PM has been sent. Thanks for the prompt reply.

0 Kudos
TonyHondaFreak
1 Copper

Are you there Jennifer?

0 Kudos
TonyHondaFreak
1 Copper

Screen has now been replaced and all working fine. They came into our office and fixed it there and then. Lets hope it doesn't fail again!

0 Kudos
jonathany70
1 Copper

After raising a service request, Dell called me back, and over the next week or so (to fit with my availability) I was dealt with by the same person throughout (Sabina) who always called me back during the times I made available. Once I had the time to run the requested tests, and take some clear enough photos, they sent a technician out to my home the next day, and replaced the screen, which has fixed it.

Brilliant service.

Here is an example of the problem

0 Kudos