Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 30th, 2013 10:00

Flickering screen on Inspiron 5720

Hi,

I just purchased this Inspiron 5720 laptop (Win 7) a few weeks ago, now I get occasional flickering screen. This happens when I open certain webpages, view some pix on instagram (doesn't happen with every pix) or even run a  virtual machine but I've noticed the flickering stops when I minimize the webpage or reduce the size of the page or virtual machine screen . I've run all the stress tests on the video card,which didn't reveal any problem upgraded the bios but this problem still persists.

Any ideas pls?

Nik

750 Posts

July 30th, 2013 11:00

Hi Nik,

Welcome to Dell community!

May I know if you have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers?

Also, when the issue occurs, if you have an external monitor, connect it to the laptop and check if the display output is fine on the monitor.

2 Posts

July 30th, 2013 21:00

Hi Kaylan,

Yes, I have reinstalled all the graphic drivers.

I just noticed that when I connect an external monitor, the display output is fine on the monitor but the laptop screen still flickers. I guess the laptop screen is faulty, right ? would this mean a replacement ?

Expecting your feedback..

750 Posts

July 31st, 2013 05:00

Hi Nik,

As you've correctly pointed out, the laptop’s LCD has encountered failure and it has to be replaced.

Please send me the service tag as well as the registered owner’s name on the laptop to assist you further. To send me a Private Message, click my User name, and then click Start Conversation.

No Events found!