Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 17th, 2016 12:00

For those of you like me who have a defective DELL product and cannot get satisfaction

Please take a look at the magnuson-moss warranty act.  This is Federal Law. I have gone through Dell *** over a defective XPS 15 Model 9530 Laptop, that started out with an annoying video driver crash, and thanks to DELL's crack team of technical experts has been transformed from an annoying video crash error to a brick, or a $2000 paperweight. Dell replaced the AC Adapter twice, I lost track of how many software and BIOS updates were applied by Dell. Then the motherboard was replaced by Dell Technicians twice, after the first time, the video error returned and then a few days later, the laptop failed to power on, the only thing that worked was the power indicator light, which would illuminate. So Dell sent another crack technician to resolve the issue, and boy did they, now even the power light won't illuminate. So Dell's escalation manager (India) tells me he will check the factory for a "refurbished" XPS 15 9530, to say the least I was not at all happy about a "refurbished" laptop, but I figure its better than the $2000 paperweight sitting on my desk. So four days later I get an email, yeah, not even the common courtesy of a phone call, to inform me that there are no  "refurbished" XPS 15 9530 laptops at the factory, but he will keep checking and let me know, gee, thanks for nothing. How the mighty have fallen, there was a time when Dell was one of the best brands you could buy, now they are among the worst. But I digress, the magnuson-moss warranty act is basically your protection under the Lemon Law at a Federal level. In my case, as Dell has made it clear that they just don't care, and seem to think I will just bend over and take it, I will be contacting an ***. I hate to have to resort to such extremes, but I have never been one who is willing to be taken advantage of by anyone. If Dell keeps putting you through Dell ***, you may want to do the same.  Enough is enough.

6 Posts

May 17th, 2016 16:00

So Dell has the right to<ADMIN NOTE: Profanity removed as per TOU> the consumer by selling a faulty products, failing to repair it, and then making it worse? Okay Well I'm sure the all the various consumer advocates for television stations around the United States will want to know this, so they can help spread the word that DELL only cares about money and screws the consumer with *** products. You may also want to look into Federal Law, which out weights any of Dells B.S. excuses.  You clowns at Dell are not playing with some kid. You want to play hardball punks, I'm your huckleberry. I will not only sue you, but I will share my story across the USA.  Count on it!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 17th, 2016 16:00

You may want to review the terms of sale you agreed to when you made the purchase. 

www.dell.com/learn/us/en/vn/terms-of-sale-consumer?c=us&l=en&s=corp&cs=vn

6 Posts

May 18th, 2016 07:00

Well little surprise that on the Consumer Affairs Website DELL has a one star out of five rating 
with 3,796 complaints to date www.consumeraffairs.com/.../dell_svc.html

3 Posts

May 24th, 2016 13:00

I am in the exact same situation with a Dell XPS 15 9530 lemon that won't turn on. I am equally infuriated and also describe my lemon as a $2,500 paperweight, similar to your $2,000 paperweight. Dell agreed to fix this piece of junk, so I sent it in. They have since sent it back to me and, amazingly, immediately after I open the box, it still does not turn on.

Like you, I don't plan on letting Dell get away with this. I'm giving them a week to fix this, and then I'm publishing an online article about this and I will also send an email blast to 1,100 reporters (tech, business and consumer affairs). I own a PR company so I am pretty good at getting placements and turning something banal (e.g. vendor screws customer) into something newsworthy. If you care to share more about what happened to you, I will add that to my article and PR pitch.

No Events found!