jwppilot
1 Copper

GMA 950 Video Driver download

I had to put a new hard drive in my Inspiron E1405 laptop the first week I had it.  Dell sent me a new one with no problem, EXCEPT that the image restore partition was NOT on the replacement.  Rather I am told I must use my disc to get a clean restart.

I have done just that, but the video driver I was told last time to download and install, the Intel GMA 950 Video Driver is not to be found and the GMA 945 that I did load isn't cutting it.

The screen is NOT sharp at all.  I have played with all the settings, but I am thinking it might be the driver.

What driver should I use for this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
8 Xenon

Re: GMA 950 Video Driver download

You need the Dell notebook system software, the chipset driver and the video driver.

See:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&ServiceTag=&SystemID=INS_PNT_E1405&os=WW1&osl=en&catid=&impid=

0 Kudos
jwppilot
1 Copper

Thanks for the reply, I 've been to that link you sent, but in a print out I was given by dell, it says I need the GMA 950 video driver and I don't see that one in the list of drivers.

In fact it is confussing to me because there are more than one drivers listed for my laptop.  Which one?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
8 Krypton

the 945gm is the name of the chipset, and 945gm chipsets have the 950 integrated gpu if they don't have a dedicated one.
There is only 1 intel driver listed for your system, that's the one you need.

0 Kudos