Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 16th, 2013 15:00

Getting fingerprint reader working on Dell Precision M4800

This is really frustrating!

After scouting & reading through the information available on the net and this whitepaper : Dell Precision Mobile Workstation M4800 Reimage Guide - precision-m4800-workstation_White Papers_en-us.pdf 

I have understood the following :

1] As per the white paper there are no "DDPA | Access" packages are not available for the 5th generation precisions(M4800 & M6800). And accordingly, I cannot find any of the following drivers for the M4800 :

Data Protection | Access — Driver Package

Data Protection | Access – Middleware Package

Data Protection | Access – Application Package

2] without the DDPA the ControlVault(isolation fingerprint scan saves) and PBA (pre-boot authentication) feature for the embedded fingerprint swipe sensor should not work.

3] With a third party software, I should be able to use the fingerprint sensor to logon to windows.

I believe the Broadcom FMA(Fingerprint management application) should be able to achieve this. Here are the steps followed :

Although I get a successful enroll, If I try to log on using the fingerprint recognition, "A match for the fingerprint was not found in the fingerprint store" every single time.

The only logical conclusion I could make is that the control vault is looking in the ControlVault Storage(separate from the OS storage) but since ControlVault is not available without DDPA no fingerprint stores are found.

Am I right? If yes, any way to circumvent this?

And, will there be a "DDP Access" package release for the M4800?

TIA,

ThinkingMonkey

No Responses!
No Events found!