Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2013 21:00

Getting message "consider replacing your battery"

For the past few days i have been receiving the message "consider replacing your battery" in my Dell vostro v130 laptop. I have purchased laptop 1.5yrs ago. After i plugin ac adapter it charged but after removing the adapter it discharges fast unlike before when the batter is normal. I use Win7 64bit os. Please help me.

2.6K Posts

February 2nd, 2013 02:00

Hello Dfututech,

The error message "consider replacing your battery", indicates that the life of the battery is over and it needs a replacement. 

**NOTE: The warranty for a Dell battery starts from the date of purchase of the computer. Dell battery has a warranty of 1 year irrespective of the system warranty. As you have mentioned that you purchased the computer 1.5 years back, the warranty on the original battery has expired and you would have to purchase the battery. For More details please refer the article on Laptop Battery FAQ's.

You can purchase the battery by contacting our Sales Team # 1-800-357-3355 (US Customer Only).

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

2.6K Posts

February 6th, 2013 09:00

Hi Dfututech,  

Unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please write back. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

No Events found!