Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 1st, 2011 00:00

Gforce 540M driver crashing

Hey!

I bought an XPS L502x Dell notebook, it's 2 video cards beast.

My problem is, under Guild Wars game, the original driver ( what i got on CD - 265.xx ) and the newest from Nvidia site 270.61, crashed the all computer, can't open task killer or anything else, i have to restart the notebook. In usually it's need 20min to crashed to all notebook, but the ska-la is 2min to 40min.

With the Intel graph card it's working fine and nothing problem, just have to set up lower graph settings.

Other games like run fine. I contacted with Ncsoft and Nvidia too for 8 days from now, and we did everything and nothing help.

So please try Guild Wars on this laptop with Gforce 540M and find out why is it crashing the all computer all the time?

(Nvidia finally solution to me: contact with dell and find out what's the problem -.-") (Ncsoft: then play on Intel graph card, and contacted with dell. )

So all in all: While i am playing Guild Wars, the Gforce 540M drivers crashed the notebook totally- restart help only.

Best regards,

Attila Kökény

AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDetect languageDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish AfrikaansAlbanianArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBasqueBelarusianBulgarianCatalanChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekHaitian CreoleHebrewHindiHungarianIcelandicIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseKoreanLatinLatvianLithuanianMacedonianMalayMalteseNorwegianPersianPolishPortugueseRomanianRussianSerbianSlovakSlovenianSpanishSwahiliSwedishThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduVietnameseWelshYiddish
English (auto-detected) » Hungarian

23 Posts

April 3rd, 2012 14:00

Motherboard changed fixed it for me.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

May 3rd, 2011 15:00

Attila

The problem specifically seems to be a compatibility issue between Guild Wars and the nvidia driver.   Just to make sure that it isn't some type of driver corruption I suggest completely removing the driver and reinstalling from the file library.  This is a link to the latest driver.

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/download.aspx?c=us&cs=28&l=en&s=dfb&releaseid=R294788&SystemID=XPS_L502X&servicetag=&os=W764&osl=en&deviceid=27937&devlib=0&typecnt=0&vercnt=1&catid=-1&impid=-1&formatcnt=0&libid=6&typeid=-1&dateid=-1&formatid=-1&source=-1&fileid=440906

Uninstall the Nvidia drivers from the program menu in control panel.  Don't restart the system when asked, complete the uninstall and then manually shut the system down.

Boot the system to Low Resolution Mode, tap F2 at start and choose Low Resolution Mode from the menu.  Cancel out any pop ups from Windows requesting to install the video driver.  Install the newest driver and reboot. 

If you still have problems playing the game,  try msconfig.  Click start, run and type in MSCONFIG.  Click the services tab and make sure that "hide all microsoft services" is checked. Then click disable all.  Click the startup tab and click disable all again.  Restart the system and start up Guild Wars and see if it plays alright.

If the game all of a sudden plays well then you have a problem with software interfering with Guild Wars. At least you will know that it isn't the video driver.  Once finished with testing return msconfig back to normal startup.

TB

TB 

12 Posts

November 8th, 2011 08:00

It's good for you!

My nvidia driver crashes on all of the games ! It doesn't even tolerate a simple system rating in windows 7!

I can only use Intel Hd.

23 Posts

December 29th, 2011 13:00

you are right, now its freezin on cod6 and cod8 too... :S preposterous

23 Posts

April 6th, 2012 05:00

Hello speedcaster,

I do not know any of them. I tell my service tag to Dell support and  they know from it whats my motherboard. It's the same than the wrong one just changed to a working one. :D

Hello ata4100

I'm having the exact same problem as you described above. Could you please post which motherboard you had initially, and which one you changed to? This would help a lot for me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Okay, thanks anyway. Your post motivated me to call Dell a second time and they've agreed to pick up my laptop and try to repair it. I'm hoping things will work out now. :)

April 29th, 2012 20:00

Were you still under warranty?

No Events found!