Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 7th, 2015 21:00

Graphics Card compatibility

I have a Dell Precision M6500 and I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card from

Nvidia Quadro FX 2800M

to an Nvidia Quadro K600.

It looks like the new card is PCI Express 2.0 x16, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to be compatible with my current laptop's PCI Express x16 (1.0).  Has anyone upgraded their cards on a Dell Precision?

1.2K Posts

April 8th, 2015 05:00

Good day !

Thank you for writing to the Dell Community Forum.

Nvidia Quadro K600 which you are planning to buy is not compatible with M6500 due to the form factor being different .

Below are the list of upgraded graphic cards which are compatible with this  system

NVIDIA Quadro FX 3800M (Dell Part no :8XFNX)
AMD ATI FirePro M7740 (Dell Part no:XHX4F)
AMD ATI FirePro M7820 (Dell Part no:VYGKK )
NVIDIA Quadro FX 5000M (Dell Part no :D73P8 )

With the help of the Dell part no you may purchase the card that is compatible with this system's form factor and If there are any more queries do reply to this community thread we will be glad to resolve them for you .

Have a great day ahead ,

April 8th, 2015 09:00

Thank you for all the information, that was really helpful.

Unfortunately, it seems like all the graphics cards listed are legacy cards and really don't meet my needs anymore (with the exception of the Quadro FX 5000M).

Are there any newer nVidia Quadro cards for mobile workstations that you can point me to and that are compatible with with my Precision M6500?

1.2K Posts

April 9th, 2015 09:00

Hi,

I understand your situation but then these are the cards that are designed to be working fine with this form factor.

Kind Regards,

No Events found!