Highlighted
CharlieWarren
1 Copper

HAD A SPILL AND LAPTOP NOT WORKING! PLEASE HELP ME!

Dear Dell Users, moderators of this forum, and co.

Last night I was doing my breathing treatments (I have a lung ailment), one of which was a combination of 7% Hypertonic Saline and Albuterol. The mask I was breathing through; slipped off my face and some of it's contents spilled onto the trackpad of my laptop (roughly about enough to fill up the entire trackpad). I quickly tried to clean it up using a few napkins, but before I knew it, the computer shut down immediately .

I've tried everything. I left it under a desk lamp for about 20 mins to try and evaporate the fluids, I left it upside down for the night, I set up a fan to blow onto the system for about 3 hours.

The model I using is a Dell Inspiron 15 with a 15.6" screen. Is my laptop junk, or is there a way I can fix it? Is the metals below the touchpad that could have ceroded, or yet, what is underneath the trackpad?

Any help at all is appreciated

Sincerely,

CharlieWarren

0 Kudos
1 Reply
8 Krypton

Re: HAD A SPILL AND LAPTOP NOT WORKING! PLEASE HELP ME!

You're probably in for at least a mainboard - $300-400 for just that.  If more was damaged, it could cost as much or more to repair than replace the system.

Your best bet is to take the system to a competent computer shop for a repair estimate.

0 Kudos