Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 25th, 2014 13:00

HDMI Audio In Problem Alienware M18x Laptop

Hi. This my laptop Model is: Alienware M18x Laptop

I plugged in my Xbox 360 into my Alienware laptop using the HDMI in. The video is PERFECT and I have no problem switching over to the video for my regular laptop and the HDMI video input.

The only problem I have is with the audio. I CANNOT hear any of the noise from my Xbox 360/Wii or whatever I plug in. I can only hear my LAPTOP itself, but I cannot hear my Xbox 360. How can I fix this problem? I have seen videos on youtube fixing this error with the Sound Blaster 3DI and changing the recording audio and some other things, but my laptop doesn't have Sound Blaster 3DI and when I went to download it from the dell website I couldn't find anything.

Tl;dr: I plugged my xbox 360 into my laptop with HDMI and I can't receive the audio. Please help

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 25th, 2014 15:00

Hello. I have collected all of our tips in the HDMI Audio FAQ, but only the Alienware models have HDMI input and I just do not have any information about that line. All I can tell you is that your model has IDT audio hardware and so has an IDT audio driver. Some other Alienware models like the M18x R2 have the Creative hardware and driver.

HDMI audio is primarily a function of the graphics driver, so at least make sure to have the newest Intel & nVidia drivers.

Try posting on the Alienware Owners Club section of this forum where someone ought to at least be more familiar with the issue. Tell them that you already posted here but we couldn't help.

27 Posts

February 25th, 2014 16:00

Okay thank you =/ I will post on there. How can I check that I have the newest Intel and nVidia drivers? I'll try to post on there I guess.

No Events found!