Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 23rd, 2013 12:00

HDMI dead port.Is this a driver issue or a port issue?And how do I find out?

Hello there. I have a Dell laptop L702x with a gtx555 nvidia card and yesterday I did a format and HDMI port does not work at all. No signal no sound signal when I connect it with an HDMI cable.I did some experiment with driver installations and uninstallations and nothing came up.I tried another laptop and it's working with the same cable.So if the port is dead how can I find it out. Should I use a multimeter to see if there is power or is there any software that can do that for me. Of course I would be grateful if you could suggest me other options with nvidia drivers which I believe that maybe is an other aspect to approach the problem.
Thank you.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

November 23rd, 2013 14:00

a format?

that means the entire hard drive is wiped out

is that what your eally did?

2 Posts

November 23rd, 2013 14:00

Yes I've done a format to my ssd disk and just copied actually the OS from the disk which was first the primary one( I bought the ssd later).

Let me explain it better. When I bought my laptop one year ago more or less had a sata hdd and after a month I bought a ssd. I made a clone of the hdd to the sdd and everything worked fine. Till yesterday where I had to format my ssd and follow the same procejure. Everything is fine but the HDMI port doesn't do anything!!

Any suggestions?

No Events found!