Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

11 Posts

February 5th, 2009 01:00

HELP HELP????

formated drive ..................... cant reload "sound blaster audigy advanced mb"    I have disk....... tryed everything...     please help

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 5th, 2009 05:00

These instructions are for a situation where an operating system has already been reinstalled and everything works except the audio driver will not install ... usually you get an error message, because the NSS and chipset drivers were not installed correctly and the audio chip on the motherboard is not recognized. In this situation "usually" a fresh install of the OS is not required, just re-installing the NSS and chipset correctly. If that doesn't work then a full reinstallation may be necessary.

After you have performed an Operating System re-installation, install the audio driver following this order of installation:

a. Install Dell Notebook System Software (on your downloads page expand the System Utilities category). Restart.

b. Next install the Intel Mobile Chipset driver (expand the Chipset category). Restart.
(Models with AMD cpu use the AMD processor driver.)

c. Install the Sigmatel audio driver (expand the Audio category). Models with IDT audio use IDT driver.

Get these from the driver downloads page. When you get on the page click on "select a different product" to find your model. Also make sure you select your Operating System.

Because you did not name your computer model and operating system I can't be more specific, but you have to get the onboard audio working correctly before you attempt to install the Creative software, because it works in conjunction with the onboard audio and is not a replacement for it. In some cases a failed attempt to install the Creative software will cause Windows Audio Service to no longer be able to run.

11 Posts

February 6th, 2009 13:00

I did do all that before.... But i loaded only the drives u said to in the order you mentioned and IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 6th, 2009 13:00

Yes, if you ever do it again it's critical that the chipset driver gets installed before the audio driver. The Notebook System Software has to go in before the chipset driver if using Windows XP, but it isn't so important if running Vista.

No Events found!