Hi, everyone!!! I'm so worried... My Dell Inspiron 15R is refusing to turn on! I tried to reformat after the laptop began to lag... but then it gave me an error message saying that my personal data could not be removed (I've never gotten this message before).
After, I attempted to reformat once again and the laptop told me that it failed to reformat! Then once again I tried to reformat and the error message from before came back, that my personal data could not be removed.
I attempted a manual restart but pushing on the power button and my laptop wouldn't turn on!
What I've tried to do so far:
1. holding down the power button without the battery pack/cord to drain its power before trying to turn it on again
2. using different battery AND cord from a similar laptop
3. testing both the battery and cord
4. pressing/holding down function+power button
Please, guys, I'm desperate!
I have work on my laptop I don't know what to do!
Please list exact Dell model number and version of windows. Example: Dell Inspiron 3543, windows 10
If you don't know, please enter your service tag number onto the link below. After, you should see the system information.
In the meantime,....
Verify the wall outlet is working correctly;
1. Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet.
2. Connect another device on the wall outlet to verify if the wall outlet is working correctly.
3. Try a known-good wall outlet.
4. Plug the AC adapter directly to the wall outlet. By-pass any power regulators like surge protectors, UPS (uninterruptible power supply), power splitters etc,.
Check the LED indictor on AC adapter / Reset the AC adapter by following these steps:
1. Unplug the AC adapter from the wall outlet for 15 seconds.
2. Unplug the AC adapter from the PC
3. Plug the AC adapter to a known-good wall outlet.
4. Plug the AC adapter to the PC.
5. Check the LED indicator on the AC adapter.
Please click on link below for additional information