Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 23rd, 2010 22:00

HELP ME UNINSTALL N-TRIG BUNDLE ON STUDIO 1747 TOUCHSCREEN. PLEASE.

I am also having the "ghost" clicking problem on my Studio 1747. I especially hate it when it closes windows! It sounds like the only way as of now to fix it is to uninstall the N-trig bundle and just have single-touch instead of multi-touch. I'm completely ok with this because I never need two or more fingers on the screen anyway.

The only thing is I don't know how to uninstall the N-trig bundle.

If someone could just give me the steps I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 24th, 2010 05:00

Look for an uninstaller (add/remove in the control panel).

14 Posts

July 24th, 2010 08:00

There is none.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 24th, 2010 10:00

Next would be to look at the device manager and uninstall the device.

14 Posts

July 24th, 2010 10:00

I found it in the device manager. Human Interface Devices -> N-Trig MultiTouch HID Device. But when I disabled it ALL touch on my touch screen stopped working, including single-touch. So I re-enabled it. Now what?

7 Posts

July 25th, 2010 09:00

To uninstall the N-trig bundle: This will rollback the firmware and remove the n-trig drivers, leaving you with single touch.

- go to Control panel, programs, Uninstall - scroll down the list and find the N-trig software, then select uninstall. You will have to shutdown after uninstall to remove the Firmware 

This will take you back to the Vista in-the-box drivers. If you want to reinstall the N-trig multitouch FW & drivers, go to Dell support.com, select your system type (Studio 17), your OS (Win 7 64bit?) and then look under input devices.

As far as random clicks - see if it is better with a 3 prong AC adapter plugged in - and/or try a different outlet or room location - it sounds like you are in a noisy environment.

Good luck

14 Posts

July 25th, 2010 13:00

First, the N-trig bundle is not in the uninstall programs in the control panel. Second It's the same when you plug in the AC adapter. And third, it has already been proven in the other thread that this is not from an outside source like noise or heat. But it doesn't matter because I'm in a very quiet room. From what I can gather it's an issue of the N-trig software being incompatible with the Studio 17's touchscreen.

7 Posts

July 25th, 2010 15:00

So... as it now, do you have multitouch or not?

If you only have one endpoint in the Digitizers folder (not 3), then you have already uninstalled the N-trig drivers & bundle.

If you want to be sure that the multitouch FW is removed, then do an install of the N-trig bundle, then do an uninstall. When it uninstalls it will roll back the firmware to the factory state. Then you should only have single touch.

By noise, I meant electrical noise from an ungrounded AC adapter - or maybe from nearby flourescent light fixtures.

Good luck

14 Posts

July 25th, 2010 22:00

Here's the deal. I have Multi-touch right now. In device manager I have under Digitizers -> 2 N-trig HID Interfaces and 1 N-trig Digitizer , and under Human Interface Devices -> N-trig MultiTouch HID Device. However when I goto uninstall programs in the control panel there is nothing that says N-trig.

Here's a picture of my device manager and I have included what happens when I disable certain things.

7 Posts

July 26th, 2010 05:00

Somehow you managed to uninstall the bundle but all the drivers are still installed. You need to grab the latest N-trig bundle from the Dell Driver suppport page and do an install (then you see it in the Programs Uninstall window), then do an uninstall and it will remove the drivers and roll back your firmware to the Win 7 single touch drivers.

7 Posts

July 26th, 2010 14:00

you need to go to Dell Support..com, download the Ntrig bundle installer.exe file and run it. After completion, you should find the N-trig control panel applet under Hardware & Sound in Control panel

After installation, if you still see random clicks at this point, then find the Ntrig bundle in the Programs, Uninstall list and Uninstall it. This will roll back your drivers and Firmware to original Win 7 single touch configuration

14 Posts

July 26th, 2010 14:00

The only thing I have done regarding N-trig is update it through Dell Driver support. It said I needed to update, so I did. However there was ghost clicking before and after I updated.

14 Posts

July 26th, 2010 18:00

The only thing is there is no N-trig bundle on dell support, not for my Studio 1747 anyway. They only have updates/drivers for it. No actual program.

7 Posts

July 26th, 2010 18:00

use this link:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/driverslist.aspx?os=W764&catid=-1&dateid=-1&impid=-1&osl=EN&typeid=-1&formatid=-1&servicetag=&SystemID=STUDIO1747&hidos=W732&hidlang=en&TabIndex=&scanSupported=True&scanConsent=False

I am assuming you have a Win 7 64 bit OS - select Input device drivers, then you will see N-trig Multitouch digitizer.  Now hit  Download - it will download an exe file that you can run...

14 Posts

July 27th, 2010 13:00

I already downloaded that and ran it. that's what I was trying to explain to you. I haven't done anything since then, and that's where I am now.

7 Posts

July 27th, 2010 14:00

then run it again...

Until you see the N-trig control panel under Hardware in the Control Panel - and also see an N-trig listing under Programs Uninstall, then you haven't loaded the ENTIRE bundle - you've just got the drivers.

Once you see everything above, you can run Program uninstall and it will remove all drivers AND Firmware... taking you back to single touch...

No Events found!