Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 8th, 2017 17:00

HELP

My computer was acting slow so i decided why not reset it to make it go faster i didnt care since i didnt have important flies on it, i started to reset it and it said it couldnt be reset for some reason, then i tried to reset it again nd it didnt work i decided to give up at that point, i shut my computer down and turned it back on and the dell logo showed up but that was all it didnt go to windows or anything, i shut it down again and same thing it showed the dell then went to a blank screen sometimes a dell suport thing would show up but that didnt help much at all, please help!

Ps: i forgot to mention earlier but i was getting some wierd error message plus it was being very slow.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 9th, 2017 11:00

By the way, please list Dell model number, and version of windows. Ex: Dell Inspiron 3543. windows 10

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 9th, 2017 11:00

:emotion-2:

Please run Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics tool to check hardware on computer. Please follow steps below:

1. Turn off computer and disconnect all peripherals - printer, flash drive, external drive, etc....).

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping the F12 key continuously. In boot menu, stroll down to diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive and run Thorough Test mode. Report back any error code. Please click on link below:

Running Dell F12 Preboot Diagnostics - YouTube

4 Posts

January 15th, 2017 08:00

I didnt get any error messages...

4 Posts

January 15th, 2017 08:00

Inspiron 14-3452

Its windows 10

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 15th, 2017 09:00

I'd suggest you power on system. wait a few minutes, and then close the lid. Remove all peripherals, AC adapter and then remove battery(see image below). Press 'Power On' button for 15 seconds to release Status Flea Power. Replace battery, adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully computer starts normally.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 15th, 2017 10:00

If no, I suggest power on computer again, wait a few minutes, and then press and hold "Power On' button (Hard Reset) until system power off. Power on system again, hopefully image appears. If still no image,keep turning on and off until the Recovery image appears.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

Click on Advanced Options, and then System Restore.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

If the computer doesn't boot into windows but you're able to see a image like the one pictured below then I suggest you click on 'Advanced Repair Options'.

4 Posts

I tried that and my computer still doesn't work

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

You seen the Recovery image message as pictured below?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 15th, 2017 17:00

After you have created a bootable windows 10 USB flash drive, plug flash drive into your computer, boot into the BIOS, and then select the first boot device and change it to your flash drive. After you exit BIOS, you should see Windows Setup.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 15th, 2017 17:00

:emotion-2:

If you can't get Recovery image to appears, I suggest you purchase a 16GB USB flash drive at your local Walmart - Recommend SanDisk Cruzer Glide flash drive). After you purchase it, I suggest you go to another computer and then create a bootable windows 10 USB drive. Please follow instructions in link below:

youtu.be/lJcXHZc8-So

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 15th, 2017 18:00

On the next screen, you'll be prompt to reinstall windows 10 or Repair Your Computer.

January 16th, 2017 13:00

Okay i will that, is there any other type of usb i should use if that one is not there?

No Events found!