Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 31st, 2017 11:00

HID sensor collection: This device cannot start. (Code 10) Failed to initialize sensor from HID collection descriptor.

I have tried a few different windows images, windows troubleshooting feature, and the latest versions of the drivers.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, disabling and re-enabling, re-imaging, updating windows. None have had the effect of actually making it work. I'm running win 10.0.10240, on dell latitude 5285 and 5289. This is affecting the entire Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver and all the included sensors, compass, accelerometer, gyroscope GPS and ambient light.

hardware id: HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2

I would like to resolve this so that we can order tablets and have them work right in our org.

6 Posts

July 25th, 2017 07:00

I forgot I posted this, but I did find a resolution. In my case, it was to update firmware and re-install windows. Since I'm an IT professional though, re-installing windows is not a big deal since I have an automated process and no data to lose.

It looks like the initial deployment of the driver during by DISM was corrupted, so no amount of driver updates would fix it.

I hope this is helpful. Best of luck.

1 Message

July 24th, 2017 15:00

I am having the same problem with the same hardware id on the same OS Version. my machine is Inspiron 5378. adding this info to maybe get some more eyes on this.

No Events found!