Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 16th, 2011 13:00

Happy with DELL support??? No!

Hi!

Up to now I had three computers from Dell. With two I didn't have any problem, but my notebook (Studio 1555) has a problem.

My power supply is able to drive the computer, but the battery isn't charged.

I tried all steps to solve the problem (removing the battery pack, BIOS update), the problem is still existing. I tried this with a other dell power supply – every things works fine.

My problem: My warranty ended in 10/11 (for me this is only a short time frame!)

Dell offers me only two capabilities:

• Order a expensive power supply
  • Call them – with a very expensive support.

When you check in Google about this kind of problems, you will find that I am not alone with this problem.

I am disappointed of DELL:emotion-9:! What do you think about this?????

Regards
Hans

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 16th, 2011 14:00

That if you had a Sony, or Toshiba - you'd be equally angry with them, since the outcome would be the same - the service and support last as long as the warranty you chose -- you pay afterward with everyone.

Why is it that those who expect something for nothing, are disappointed when they don't get it?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 17th, 2011 06:00

Dell offers me only two capabilities:

• Order a expensive power supply
  • Call them – with a very expensive support

Hello Hans. Is there a third option that you would like Dell to offer?

4 Posts

March 17th, 2011 13:00

Hi EJN63,

if DELL has a quality problem, they shouldreact with more fairness. See the internet  - you will find these kind of problems very often.

4 Posts

March 17th, 2011 13:00

Hello Jim,

yes, an email capability to connect the customer support.

If I would be alone with these kind of problems - it's OK and I need to pay or buy a new one.

But I know, I am not alone, so this is a quality problem and here I think, that DELL should offer more support (accomodation). If the problem would be on the battery pack - that's OK with me battery is a consumable material but not the AC adapter after 16 month!!!

Regards
Hans

2.2K Posts

March 17th, 2011 14:00

AC adapters are one of the weakest points in most laptops, not just Dell. If you search for any laptop maker and add AC adapter problems to the search, you will likely get a lot of hits.

If you do end up purchasing a new adapter, I'd look for a genuine Dell apapter from a third party online seller. They can be MUCH less expensive.

Good luck.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 17th, 2011 14:00

The problem is that when one has an issue, suddenly everyone else has the same issue - and there should be a recall, or free replacement -- etc.

Sorry, doesn't hold water.  There are issues with all notebooks -- Dell isn't the worst of them in this regard -- not by a longshot.

No Events found!