Highlighted
Johnny Henry
1 Copper

Hard Drive(SSD) or Motherboard Issue with Inspiron 7348 All in one

I can't for the life of me figure out why every time I startup the laptop I'm greeted with a black screen that says no boot devices found. After that I press F1 to retry and that's when my laptop boots up perfectly. If I press F2 to view the BIOS instead the system doesn't detect it. If I press F1 to retry boot and then press F2 the system detects the SSD. This have been going on since I got it about 2 weeks now. Can someone please help me with this?

0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Hard Drive(SSD) or Motherboard Issue with Inspiron 7348 All in one

Hi Johnny Henry,

I would suggest you to update the BIOS on the computer. Please enter your service tag # on the link below, then download the BIOS required onto the system and install it.

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Also, please run the diagnostics on the computer by following the steps mentioned in the video below and check if there is any issue with the hardware on your system.

http://dell.to/164l6g4

0 Kudos
Johnny Henry
1 Copper

I updated the BIOS to 7348_7352_7558_A07 which is the latest one I can find the same day I got it and the same thing keeps happening. When I run a diagnostics test immediately following the "no boot devices" error, it says something like the drive cannot be found. If I run the diagnostics after pressing F1 to retry it detects SSD and passes all tests.

0 Kudos

Hi Johnny Henry,

I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults.

1. Reboot the computer.

2. When prompted during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.

3. On the System Setup screen, press the <F9> key.

4. Press the <Enter> key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Also, please private message us the system service tag and the region you are located so that I could check and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

0 Kudos
Johnny Henry
1 Copper

I was able to get a replacement laptop sent from the retailer that's working perfectly so far. Thanks for the help. Case unsolved but closed.

0 Kudos