Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 18th, 2016 19:00

Hard Drive

When I turn on my Inspiron 15 - 3552 the Support Assist comes on and says Hard Drive - Not Installed and when I click on Continue the computer shuts down. What do I do now? My laptop is still under warranty. 

October 19th, 2016 07:00

Hi rocki4455,

Thank you for reaching out to Dell Community Forum.

Please run the on-board Dell diagnostics and capture any error codes or message you receive. You can follow the instructions from the below link:

http://dell.to/2drLyPQ

Please boot into the BIOS and check if the hard drive is been recognized and what is selected under Boot options.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

2 Posts

October 20th, 2016 18:00

Is there something wrong with Dell's email? I have tried sending an email to Tech Support last night and tonight and it just says "Processing" and never submits.

October 21st, 2016 09:00

Hi rocki4455,

We might have a temporary downtime, however we are here to help you or you can try it again now.

If you still have issue please share the link with us, so that we can check on this for you.

Else, please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address along with the results from the above steps.

5 Posts

October 13th, 2017 05:00

Hi, the reply to rockie4455 was very helpful to finding the problem but it did solve it. What's the next step please?

5 Posts

October 13th, 2017 05:00

Hi, I found this article very helpful just that I still have the issue with my hard drive.

What do I do?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 13th, 2017 06:00

Assuming what you saw is that the hard drive is not found, the next step is to replace the drive with a new one, and then reload everything.

If you're under warranty, call Dell and they'll replace the drive.  If not, and you need a recommendation for a replacement drive, you'll need to post the full system model information (i.e., Inspiron N5110, not just "Inspiron 15":).

No Events found!