Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2015 04:00

Hardware or Software issue?

Hi I am Jason Lapene, living in Atlanta. One of my friend had purchased a laptop six months ago and he is facing some issues with his computer and not able to work it in a proper manner. Last week he discussed this issue with the concerned people and already spent some money but the problem is same, even they do not explain whether it is hardware or software issue. Please help if you have any suggestion..

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 6th, 2015 04:00

Based on your post, it's impossible to offer advice.  What model?  Which OS?  What is the problem? 

January 6th, 2015 20:00

My laptop hangs so much. I am sharing the details of my laptop given below:

Make : Acer

Model : Aspire

Thanks

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 7th, 2015 04:00

You will want to contact Acer (but don't expect much support for a system old enough to be running XP).  This forum is for Dell support.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

January 7th, 2015 06:00

My laptop hangs so much. I am sharing the details of my laptop given below:

Make : Acer → This is a Dell Forum we don't know Acer hardware as well as we know Dell hardware

Model : Aspire → There are many different Aspires

OS : Windows Xp → Reached End of Life April 2014. No more security updates high probability of Malware/Virus/Spyware.

Thanks

Theres probably little sense on trying to fix such old hardware. My advise is to look at the range of new Dell computers or a second hand Dell from eBay which has a Windows 7 OEM or Windows 8.1 OEM license.

No Events found!