Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 12th, 2009 01:00

Have they actually fixed the XPS 1530 issue?

Does anyone actually know for fact if the motherboards that Dell are now using to replace faulty ones that exhibit the GFX fault are 100% fixed or could they possibly have the same GFX fault and just have the A09 / A12 BIOS on them to minimise the chance?

Thanks for any help in advance.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2009 03:00

nVidia claims the later production chips have fixed the problem - these are the ones used on replacement boards.  Others claim nVidia hasn't and cannot fix the real problem with the chips;  take your choice.

6 Posts

November 12th, 2009 03:00

With people still getting issues with new boards it hard to believe its actually fixed.

When the dell engineer came out to fix mine last week even he said that he cant see it being fixed.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 12th, 2009 04:00

I've seen the same from engineers who've done forensic analysis of the chip design - they claim that only a ground-up redesign would really fix the problem.  Since nVidia seems to have swept away all of these chip designs, one has to wonder.  Then again, my experiences with nVidia have not been good for some time - ATI's chip designs are more reliable than nVidias, and have been for some time.  Perhaps that's why Apple recently dumped nVidia from most of its newer systems - and Dell, HP, and others have done similarly.

No Events found!