Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 4th, 2017 19:00

Headphone Jack Issue xps 15 9560

Every time I have to listen to something with my earphones, I have to make  my lap top detect for problems so it can reinstall the audio driver and  it's annoying. How can I fix this so when I plug in my headphones, noise automatically goes to the headphone jack. 

• 

16.7K Posts

July 5th, 2017 09:00

fcbjarro99,

Click the link below to download and install the chipset drivers for your computer. Reboot the computer and then download and install the Audio drivers, reboot again. Also, right click on the volume control icon in the taskbar and choose playback devices. When your headphones are plugged in choose to make them the default device.

Dell XPS 9560 Drivers, Downloads and Manuals

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

July 5th, 2017 12:00

Do you have a version of the audio driver which gives you the no popup option?

4 Posts

July 5th, 2017 21:00

Do you have a link for that

4 Posts

I installed  both drivers, rebooted twice and had  my headphones plugged in to the jack while  choosing default  device but it still didn't  work

4 Posts

When I just got my laptop it would show that message, but after it wouldn't pop up anymore which meant audio wouldn't be going to the audio jack

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

The option to not show the popup is only in the latest updates on some systems.  If you are not getting the popup or cannot open the Waves UI from the hidden icons, you need to reinstall the audio driver from Dell.

1 Message

October 30th, 2017 03:00

Reinstall Windows 10 and never use Dell drivers except for a BIOS upgrade

No Events found!