Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2016 13:00

Headphone jack stops functioning every time....

I bought a new Inspiron 13 7368 2-in-1 with the Intel  i7 512gig SSD and 12 gigs of ram about a month ago. I love the machine but every time I add software or inadvertently turn it off  my headphone jack stops working as well as the keyboard sound control buttons. I have been able to recover functionality after 3 tech calls to Dell (4 hours) and a couple times on my own. The most recent time....NOT! I am really frustrated. The solution is never obvious so you can't just go fix the problem! Today I ordered Bluetooth earbuds so I can hopefully use headphones without using the headphone jack if this persists! As anyone figured this out?

Thanks,

jhammondcpa!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 3rd, 2016 07:00

Today I ordered Bluetooth earbuds so I can hopefully use headphones without using the headphone jack

Let us know if that works out. I'm sorry to say that Dell laptops are notoriously bad at connecting to bluetooth headphones.

September 3rd, 2016 10:00

Hi Jimco,

I got the Bluetooth earbuds yesterday from Amazon. I charged them for about 30 minutes as directed and then paired within a couple minutes. I now have private sound again! No problems yet!  Bluetooth Headphones, QY19 V4.1 Wireless Earbuds Ultra Lightweight Sweatproof Noise Cancelling Headphones Mini Secure In Ear Hooks Sports Earphones AP   

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 4th, 2016 06:00

Thank you for sharing the information about the headphone model..

September 4th, 2016 14:00

Hi Jimco,

I used my Amazon points so the Bluetooth earbuds were free! Regardless, they are perfect and supposed to have about 4-6 hours listening time, also they fully charge in less than an hour. Now that I have used them for a few hours, I can say they were as good as my old Bose earbuds and they are claim to be noise cancelling! I know that sound quality is very personal but they work for me!

Jimmy H.

No Events found!