Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 21st, 2015 08:00

Hearing beep sound ( 8 beeps) when I try to power on Dell Inspiron 15R

Dear sir,

I am not able to see any display on the screen when I try to switch on my laptop.

I am hearing 8 beeps in a cycle.  What could be the issue? Pl help me out.  Can it be LCD issue as I am not able to see anything on screen?

• 

3.3K Posts

May 21st, 2015 09:00

Hi Srikanthms23,

Welcome to Dell Community Forum.

8 beeps indicate LCD screen failure. I suggest that you shut the system down, remove the battery and disconnect the ac adapter, press and hold the power button for 20 to 30 seconds. Now connect only the ac adapter and wait for 30 seconds and turn on the system. This will drain any residual charge in the capacitors. Let me know if this helps.

May 21st, 2015 10:00

Dear Madam,

I did exactly what you said,  but it is not working out for me. I am afraid whether lcd screen needs to be replaced.  So, what do you suggest?

• 

3.3K Posts

May 24th, 2015 13:00

Hi Srikanth,

LCD screen is faulty & needs replacement. Click on the link below and enter service tag to check the warranty:

http://dell.to/1BkmQmp

Send me a private message with the system service tag if the system is under warranty. Click on my name and click Start Conversation to send me a private message.

In case the system is out of warranty, let me know the region you belong to, to check the options to get the system serviced.

May 24th, 2015 21:00

Madam,

I live in Bangalore, Karnataka. And my system is not under warranty. I thought of taking my laptop to Dell service center in Malleshwaram, Bangalore. Suggest me a better service center if you have.

Thanks,

Srikanth

• 

3.3K Posts

May 27th, 2015 07:00

Hi Srikanth,

Please contact our sales team on # 1800-425-4026 or 080-2506-8026 for help.

No Events found!