Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 18th, 2016 14:00

Help! I need an XPS 12 battery

I have an XPS 12 9Q33 that's about 2 years old.

The battery has swelled up from overcharging, so I need to replace it.

Dell doesn't seem to sell this part any more. I tried buying an after-market battery, but the laptop doesn't accept it and won't charge it (detects it as non-genuine.)

Where can I find a battery that will work with my laptop? Or can I do something to get the laptop to accept the replacement battery I bought?

Dylan.

1.8K Posts

January 19th, 2016 11:00

Hi,

If you're in the US here is the link to the Dell Spare Parts sales page.  If you are outside the US I don't think that page will load for you but you should be able to search your local Dell web pages for spare parts and find what you need.

I hope this helps.  If you would like further troubleshooting please click on my Dell Todd username and send me a private message with the Dell Service Tag of the system in question.   Please keep all discussions and troubleshooting here in this public thread so others with the same issues can find the information they're looking for.

Todd

2 Posts

January 19th, 2016 21:00

Hi Todd,

I am not in the USA, but neither the US parts site nor the Australian one lists spare batteries for my model laptop.

I will send you my service tag, perhaps you can find one somewhere!

1.8K Posts

January 20th, 2016 08:00

Hi,

You mentioned you bought an "official" aftermarket battery that was rejected by your system.  I'm a bit confused, did you purchase it directly from Dell?   If the system rejected it, that could mean there is more going on than just the battery.  

The battery on the XPS 12 9Q33 is considered a "FRU" or field replace unit.  That means under warranty we send out technicians to replace the battery.   That may be why they don't show the product for sale on the web pages.  

If you didn't purchase that replacement from Dell you may want to call the Dell sales department, who can find a replacement part for you if they aren't on the website.   Or they may not have any available for sale, it's impossible for me to know.  But a Dell sales rep can answer your questions for you one way or the other.

Todd

No Events found!