Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! My new Dell Studio XPS 13 Laptop keeps on freezing up!

@Jangla

Can you send me a private message with your service tag, shipping address, email address, and daytime contact number, please? I will try to get your case routed and resolved through my EMEA contacts.

0 Kudos
Jangla
1 Nickel

I've just come off the phone with them again and more escalations have lead them to consider a refund. I've asked them to confirm this with me on Monday but should they change their mind I'll happily pm you after then.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
charmaineq
1 Nickel

checked with best buy online to see some reviews of this product. but it is not sold online anymore. so i went to my local best buy to see if it's available and if the price has dropped because dell has dropped the price online and specially because of the new macs low price. but what the guy from best buy told his not sure if they are gonna sell studio xps13 again because of the high return rate and problems they encounter. i think it's true mine freezes out of the box. first time for me on a brand new computer. it doesn't freeze as much now  after the bios update but the hotkeys rarely functions and the wifi turn on and off on its own. no wonder it's not sold online in best buy., if they don't carry it anymore. it wouldn't surprise me.

0 Kudos
Jangla
1 Nickel

Well what a surprise - called Dell this morning to find out why they hadn't emailed me details of their proposed refund and they tried to deny any such agreement had taken place! Put them straight so we'll wait to see what happens.

@Bill - In the meantime, Bill, I'm going to send you those details you asked for as it will be Christmas before Dell pull their finger out at this rate.

0 Kudos
vj84
1 Nickel

Is this Windows Vista Home Premium?

Try installing the latest Video card drivers....

Remove the memory -- Use a White eraser to clean the gold contacts, then remove the dust off... then reseat the memory into the computer...

ALso try running the computer with one memory card at a time to narrow down the issue...

Cheers

Vejay

Cheers,

Vejay Sarathy S

Technofreak

0 Kudos
Jangla
1 Nickel

Is this Windows Vista Home Premium?

Ultimate.

Try installing the latest Video card drivers....

Done - still locks up. Have even tried custom drivers from other sources where people have had problems with the drivers their hardware manufacturer provide. Still locks up.

Remove the memory -- Use a White eraser to clean the gold contacts, then remove the dust off... then reseat the memory into the computer...

Done. Still locks up.

ALso try running the computer with one memory card at a time to narrow down the issue...

Done. Still locks up.

Seriously - if there's a diagnostic test or something I can do to test the hardware, I've done it.

Had another go at getting it running this evening actually - managed 6 minutes and 20 seconds before it hung 😞

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote user="DELL-Bill B"]

@david2009

What BIOS version are you running currently?

At the moment the engineer has left it with A06 on it. If I can keep the thing up for long enough tonight I'll try and download A07 but I'm not holding my breath.

[/quote]

Did you ever manage to get A07 installed?

0 Kudos
Jangla
1 Nickel

Dell aren't publishing 07 on their site any more - just 08. Which I tried. Wanna guess what happened? emoticon.Sad.title

0 Kudos
rlp340
1 Nickel

A08 is unstable. I've had to reset 4 times since installing it and I had no issues with A07.

Dell owner for about 7 years.

PC: Dell 8400 / Laptop: Studio XPS 1340

0 Kudos
Jangla
1 Nickel

3 questions:

Where are we supposed to get A07 if Dell have taken it off the site?

Why are Dell releasing unstable BIOS's?

Is your experience purely your experience or have you had someone from Dell confirm that A08 is unstable?

@Bill - I've sent you a PM but heard nothing back....

0 Kudos