Re: Help! My new Dell Studio XPS 13 Laptop keeps on freezing up!

I had exactly the same thing happen and they replaced the computer after 5 months.  However,  DELL does not replace a defective computer with a new computer. They  give you a REFURBISHED computer and the warranty period will be transferred to the replacement computer and run ONLY for the balance of time remaining on the original warranty.  DELL does not disclose either of these facts and you only find out when you have a problem and contact them. 

This is a very real problem both with this particular model and with their Customer Service policies.  I will never buy a DELL again.

0 Kudos
DRAVEN31
1 Copper

i had the same issues with my 1340. i did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate 64-bit and the problems went away. i have been running 7 for 3 months with no problems. the other issue i had was my screen would not come on.it would work if i hooked a monitor up to it . the fix to that problem was to reseat the connections to the board 

0 Kudos
Annasui
1 Copper

0 Kudos
akhileh
1 Copper

I need a help can you give me detail of your disk drive.

Actually at first i was having 9500m graphics with my notebook one month before motherboard get damaged.

Now i had purchased a  second hand motherboard with 9400m graphics but my HDD(ST9320423ASG) is giving lot of errors.

I guess this board is not compatible with my HDD so can you tell me what is yours is tit AS or ASG model.

thanks in advance

Akhilesh kumar

0 Kudos
mista lawal
1 Copper

Hi Everyone!

I'm not sure if this topic has been covered before, I tried doing a search and couldn't find anything on it so that's why I started my own thread. I recently just purchased a Dell Studio XPS 13 laptop and just got it a little over a week ago. From the first day I got it, it froze up on me while installing firefox. I didn't think much of it so I just powered down by pressing the power button. Then a few days after that while trying to install the lojack for the computer it froze up again. I powered down and then before it even loaded completely on start up it froze again so again i powerd down. This happened 6 times over and over again and there were times when trying to boot back up the screen would just stay black and not load up at all. I finally talked to a dell tech support guy and he had me restore my laptop to factory. It didn't freeze up again after that for a couple days and then it started to do it again. Has anyone else have this problem with this particular laptop? Any suggestions on what it is or what I can do? Or do you guys think I have a defective laptop and should just exchange for another one? Help!

i am going through the same experience with my new dell xps 15

---mista lawal

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
mista lawal
1 Copper

i bought a new dell xps 15z my problem is that it freezes as soon as it has booted t his has happened several times

nwaokolo
1 Copper

Hello there,

I bought this New Dell XPS 17 L702x  three weeks ago with all the hips and much ado. I was shocked to realize that the Laptop keep freezing at start up.  I turned it off and restart, it dose came up works for a while then froze. I have uninstalled  and reinstalled  all the necessary software and drivers - yet the freezing is still occurring.  Help pls !!! emoticon.Sad.title

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
davidsgirl
1 Copper

RE: Help! My new Dell Studio XPS 13 Laptop keeps on freezing up!

Well, this is nothing new...

Seven years later, 2016, I bought a brand new Dell laptop XPS 15 and it has locked up ever since I owned it. It freezes at random constantly, regardless of what I'm doing.

Dell has supposedly replaced the battery, heatsink, fan, and main logic board. I just received it back from the Resolution Center today. The computer was the same. I began to use it to write and within 30 minutes it locked up again!!!

This computer was $2200!!!

My shock is that Dell has not engineered a fix for this. I've read a good portion of this thread (several pages) and this is obviously a very, very serious problem with Dell computers.

CONCLUSION: Seven years later and it's still happening. No changes, ladies and gentlemen. None.

Dell needs to get serious about this.

I will never recommend a Dell computer to anyone ever. Never again.

0 Kudos