Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 11th, 2009 16:00

Help - Problem accepting Adobe license agreement on new Mini 10 because of screen size

Hello,

This is my first post, as i just received my new mini 10 two days ago.  I'm still working on getting everything running to my liking.  Today, I came across my first problem with my screensize, and wondered if there was any advice to help solve my problem.  When opening the pre-installed Adobe Reader, a window pops up with the end user license agreement which you must accept before proceeding.  There are buttons at the bottom of the window which do not appear on my screen (as the window is taller than my screen), which means that I cannot select the Accept button. 

Can anyone provide any help?

Thank you!

10 Posts

July 17th, 2009 21:00

In the case of the Adobe License Agreement, the tab keys wouldn't work - Adobe made it so the tab keys skipped over the accept button.

In order to accept the adobe I had to plug my netbook into my tv.  Not the best solution, but easier than waiting for someone else to figure out a solution (I had even checked with my IT at work).

July 17th, 2009 21:00

Hi...yes I have the same problem and also when I tried to connect to a coffee shop's internet access and I could not see the buttons on the bottom of the page. It took me a while, but I was able to use the tab key to the buttons on the bottom of the pages. Not the best way as I was just guessing on what the buttons were...so if you came up with a better way, please let me know.

Thanks.

July 18th, 2009 14:00

I think I may have solved the problem. I did the following:

Control panel ->appearances and themes->change the screen resolution

Under screen resolution, move he selecter to More  (from Less) ... This seems to make the whole screen fit. Now I can see the buttons on the bottom.

Hope that helps.

1 Message

July 26th, 2009 15:00

Hello, I had the same problem.  After some poking around the properties settings, I came up with the following work-around;

First you have to get to the Display properties by right clicking anywhere on the desktop.  Click on 'Properties'.

Then click on the 'Settings' tab.

Click on the 'Advanced' button.

Click on the 'Monitor' tab.

Uncheck the 'Hide modes that this monitor cannot display'' checkbox.

Click on the 'Adapter' tab.

Click on 'List all modes' button and select the '1024 x 768 true colour' selection.

Voila, you will be able to scroll down to the bottom of the 'virtual 1024x768' screen.  It takes a bit of getting used to, but it works.

I hope that helps anyone with the same problem as I had.

Jreissing

3 Posts

January 16th, 2010 12:00

hi, i  had the same problem with adobe when i got my mini 1010, what you have suggested could bug some people, how about finding an identical program that works best on the 1010. if its a pdf reader you want - try foxit reader .

1 Message

March 27th, 2012 21:00

i have a mini dell laptop and now I cannot download PFD adobe reader after restoring it and setting it again several times?

No Events found!