Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 6th, 2016 05:00

Help with connecting custom hardware:SCT Programmer

I am using Dell XPS model laptop. x64 bit version.

At the time when I brought it, it having windows vista installed. a few years back I installed windows 7 and it was working fine. I am an automobile technician dealing with the electronic control units of the vehicles. we use a custom hardware device to monitor  and tune up the engines. we used to monitor and record the details in this laptop.
 last day one of our employ  upgraded this laptop computer to windows 10 (it was a clean installation ).
   Now we are facing trouble connecting with our performance tuner with this laptop. In windows 7 it worked perfectly with this tuner. We have another desktop PC from HP running on windows 10 and while connecting through usb port that PC is detecting this hardware.
We are only facing this issue on this laptop. Kindly help us to resolve this issue as it's affecting our work.
Thank you very much
Richard

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 6th, 2016 06:00

Right-click on the icon for the program and go to "Properties".  Then find the compatibility tab.  See if setting it to Windows 7 compatibility allows it to function correctly.

If it does, your're set.  If not, you have a couple of things to pursue:

1.  Remove Windows 10 and recover 7 on the system (you can do this for about 30 days after the upgrade).

2.  Contact the publisher of the software or the manufacturer of the device to see if they have an update or a paid upgrade to the program to allow it to work with Windows 10.

6 Posts

October 6th, 2016 22:00

@ejn63 Thank you very much for your attention on my issue. I am sorry to say that we had a clean installation of windows 10 on it(we can't revert back to windows 7).

I checked all USB ports and device manager (everything is working fine, I have no idea what went wrong after the installation).

6 Posts

October 6th, 2016 22:00

We can take reading and work normally with this device with HP pc which is also running on windows 10

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

October 7th, 2016 04:00

Have you tried using another USB port in the system?

6 Posts

October 8th, 2016 12:00

:emotion-43::emotion-43: ah! somebody deleted my previous reply

6 Posts

Yes, I checked all ports with a flash drive and everything is okay. I am using this custom hardware for performance tuning https://www.bcdiesel.ca/en/sct-x4-power-flash-ford-programmer-off-road

. It worked perfectly with windows 7. Now I am planning to format this drive and install windows 7 back

I think something went wrong during the installation process. The device is working fine and had no issues with that HP pc

6 Posts

The issue is resolved by re-installing windows 7

No Events found!