Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 28th, 2017 05:00

Hi i have a dell inspiron n5110 i5. Whenever i start my computer it shows me a blue screen and it restarts again and again. I am attaching a picture as well

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 28th, 2017 09:00

:emotion-2:

I'm assuming windows 7 is on the system....

Please run the Diagnostic tool to check hardware on the system by following the steps below:

1. Power off system.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously. In the menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click it. After quick tests, click Hard drive, and then Thorough Test Mode. Please report back any error code.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 28th, 2017 09:00

If there isn't any error code, I'd suggest  you remove all peripherals such as Printers, Scanners, Media Card Readers, Small Media cradles (iPod, PDA, MP3 player, etc.), Digital, Cameras and Video Recorders, USB storage devices, CDs or DVDs from all optical drives. After you have remove all peripherals, please power on system, wait about 3 minutes, close lid, remove AC adapter and then battery. Press 'Power On' button for 20 seconds to release Static Flea Power. Replace battery and adapter, and then power on system.Hopefully computer runs normally and without any blue screen of death.

3 Posts

March 28th, 2017 11:00

I got error 2000-0142

3 Posts

March 28th, 2017 11:00

When i go to safe mode and disable my amd radeon graphics display driver my computer works fine but tbe resolution ia really bad and none of the games work

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 28th, 2017 13:00

First thing to do is replace the hard drive and reload the OS -- that may be the only problem (the error means the hard drive has failed).

You'll need a new 2.5" SATA drive - SSD, hybrid drive or hard drive.  You'll also need a good toolkit and a lot of patience, as replacing a hard drive on this model requires a complete tear-down (the mainboard has to come out of the system - the hard drive is affixed to the underside of the board, which in turn must be removed topside).  See the video below for the drive replacement procedure.

Once the drive is replaced, reload WIndows, patch fully, reinstall your applications and restore your data from your backups.  Chances are you'll be back in business.

www.youtube.com/watch

No Events found!