Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 10th, 2016 19:00

Hinge problem inspiron 5548

I have buy my Dell Inspiron 5548 on November 2015. yesterday when I close the lid it make sound tok. Then I checked and  I saw the right side hinge of lid is broken. it was separate from the cover.  I want to know how could I get fix this. Can I cover it on warranty. because I don't do any missuses. its basic close and open of lid. when I search I found lot off laptop owners of this series faced this problem. So I want to know, Is the Dell may repair my laptop at no cost. because I'm also one of the customer who suffered because their Designing fault.

July 11th, 2016 02:00

Hi SACHITHRA,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id so that we can check the system configuration.

To private message: please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message

(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

July 16th, 2016 08:00

Sir,

Im having the same problem with my laptop. My laptop's right hinge is creaking and popping up open. it seems that it'll break at any time. i have neither misused my laptop nor ever dropped it. Please fix this as soon as possible before it damages the other parts. 

I'll message you my service tag and email id. Please check what can be done. also my laptop is within the warranty. 

2 Posts

December 13th, 2016 11:00

Keep hounding Dell to fix this problem... DONT GIVE UP AND DONT PAY FOR REPAIR! This is a defect of this laptop!  I have a full story...I am about to tell here soon.

No Events found!