Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 13:00

Hover Mouse Over Icons (And Pop-Ups Hidden Behind Task Bar!)

I know, I know - what an odd subject line.

Here's the deal.  I hover over the icons in the bar in the lower right-hand corner of the screen.  You know, the one that's on AC power (you hover your mouse over it and a yellow pop-up box comes up that says how much power you have), or the one for the wireless (you hover your mouse over this icon and a yellow pop-up box comes up that tells you what network you're connected to), or the two computers (you hover your mouse over this icon and a yellow pop-up box comes up that tells you how fast your connection is).

However, the problem is this:  the pop up boxes appear behind the task-bar that extends across the bottom of the screen (the same bar that holds this icons).  So I cannot read any of the pop-ups as they keep popping up behind this bar.  Sure, I see that they are popping up as I see the very top of the yellow box.  But, the information is hidden behind the task-bar.

Why is it doing this?  Is this a problem with Dell?  Is it a problem with my graphics card?  How should I resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any and all advice.  I really do appreciate you taking time to answer.

1 Message

February 12th, 2010 18:00

Hey, I have the same exact problem on my Dell latitude D830.  Anybody that has the answer, please respond.

No Events found!