Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

April 8th, 2012 23:00

How Turn off wiresless and retain Bluetooth

Hi, I have a xps 15z, and I was curious if there is way when I turn off my wireless, that the Bluetooth mouse keeps working. As of now, when wireless is off so does the Bluetooth mouse, Thanks, Rich

4.4K Posts

April 9th, 2012 01:00

Hi richsark,

Welcome to the Community,

Since Fn + F2 key  controls both the wireless and bluetooth function,so turning off wireless also turns off the bluetooth. On your system model we don't have an option to configure the Fn + F2  key to control either wireless or bluetooth.

By default it controls both Wireless and Bluetooth,as your system has one single WLAN (wireless card) with Bluetooth capability.

At any point if you don't want to remain connected to any of the wireless networks,while using bluetooth, you would have to manually disconnect from that wireless network.

Thank You

Roshan.

60 Posts

April 9th, 2012 14:00

Hi,

Actually, you can do it, If you launch Windows Mobility center, Then "Radio Options Control"  Then you un-check "WPAN" thay way I can disable wireless and still have Bluetooth

4.4K Posts

April 10th, 2012 03:00

Sorry for having overlooked on that option.Glad you got it working and thank you for sharing the solution.

No Events found!