Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 18th, 2011 18:00

How about that latency problem with studio laptops?

Hi guys,

After almost a year of annoying myself over my dell studio laptop and it's crazy latency problems I though to give it another go at the Dell Forum. Is there any know fix for this widespread problem. I am a windows 7 user and couldn't really find a fix for this searching google.

Would like to hear from you guys.

Cheers,

Jon

June 22nd, 2011 22:00

Whoa - problems with 512 @3% CPU usage sounds scary. Could you elaborate on the specs of your machine, and the OS version?

Cheers

Guru

June 22nd, 2011 22:00

And I assume you mean buffer sizes of 64 and 512 - not measured in ms, if I'm not mistaken :)

8 Posts

August 21st, 2011 06:00

Ok!

I have the same problem with DPC Latency;

So, i was digging with xperf and the result was that usbports.sys causes the "trrr" sound;

I update my BIOS from A09 -> A10, I update my chipset...nothing!

My Dell is: Latitude E5510, Windows 7, X64, I7

I really don`t know how to fix this...

10 Posts

August 21st, 2011 09:00

I do not know xpef.  I'll have to look into that.

I got my latency down by uninstalling my Nvidia video drivers.  Downside is now all my text looks wierd in my browser.  So I am going to dual boot, and have one OS with video and one without.

good luck.

8 Posts

August 21st, 2011 13:00

xperf is an analysing tool from microsoft...

I found it searching about DPC Latency on web;

In this link you may find the explications;

So, I follow these steps and my problem seem to be related to usbports.sys - 207ms; (by tracelog data in xperf)

Ok..I found the problem but what is solution??

My usb driver it`s seems to be ok (device manager)

Who is responsible for usb drivers?? third party?? Dell?? Intel?? Microsoft?

My chipset is up to date. My Bios is up to date.

This problem make me nervous!

Funny, but on Ubuntu everything is fine! Just on Win7 is the problem...

8 Posts

August 27th, 2011 02:00

After I spend many hours to search about DPC Latency ("trr sound"), I found this post about fingerprint Authen Tech AES 2810;

I disable Biometric device on Device Manager and -> works perfect! No more spikes on DPC latency...nothing!

So..that is the problem!

On Ubuntu, Biometric Device has no driver because!

Dell Latitude E5510

Win7, x64, 4GB, I7

1 Message

January 30th, 2012 15:00

Hi,

I had the same annoing problem with crakles sound on my brand new Latitude laptop. I didn't belive it'd be issue related to biometric device, but it looks you're right. Now I don't have any sound latency and "trrr sound" after dsiabling this thing. Have you tried to advertise your machine in Dell Service? In spite of all, I'm going to do it. Interisting what they'll do (...)

BR,

Rafal.

No Events found!