Highlighted

How can I buy a SATA cable for an Inspiron 15 7560?

I want to fit a second drive in the 2.5" caddy on the new Dell Inspiron 7560, but it needs an interposer cable.  The part number is NH9YV (confirmed to me by Dell technical support on the phone) but I cannot find anyone who can sell me one.  It is referred to in another post on this forum which seems to have gone dead.  Can anyone help me to find one?  It is the item shown in Step 3 in the Service Manual: procedure to remove Hard Drive.  Thanks.  

4ellboy

0 Kudos
21 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: How can I buy a SATA cable for an Inspiron 15 7560?

The only place you'll find a part like that on a system that new is to call Dell Spare Parts.  Note:  you MUST call - they do not sell parts such as this online.

1-800-999-3355.

Mon–Sun 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CST.

If you're outside the US, call your local Dell sales number and ask for "spare parts".

0 Kudos

Thanks.  I did try that (the UK version).  DELL put me through to a third party parts provider who can't get the part.  Grr.  

4ellboy

0 Kudos

The Dell parts page confirms that we do not have any to sell. You will have to search on eBay for a seller that has broken down a 7560 for parts.

0 Kudos

Thank you. I can't find them on ebay, although curiously only 2 weeks ago people in UK were able to buy them both from DELL and on ebay.  Do you know whether it is available from DELL in Europe (I'm in UK)? Failing that, could you tell me whether the cable connector is the same as for a DELL Inspiron 15 5447 (which I can source on ebay)?  I know the cable itself is different (cord instead of ribbon) but if the non-SATA connector is the same then I could probably make it fit. Many thanks

4ellboy

0 Kudos

Alternatively is it compatible with the cable for the Inspiron 15 3552? The part looks very similar. Thanks!

4ellboy

0 Kudos

We are not sure if other system model HDD cables are compatible.

The parts page for NH9YV HDD cable shows Inspiron 7460/7560.

Inspiron 1420/5442/5443/5445/5447/5448/5457
RHCJP HDD cable

Inspiron 3451/3452/3458/3459/3552
HDD cable 6JNV5
(no picture)

Inspiron 3459/3551/3552
HDD cable 7XR34
(no picture)

Thanks for taking the trouble to look, Chris. How frustrating. Do the parts normally become available after a while?

Someone must know the specifications of the connector on the motherboard, or perhaps they are on a 'need to know basis?  Is it not a standard connector? I'm trying to source a third party HDD but I guess no-one has the specifications.

4ellboy

0 Kudos
Himan1
1 Nickel

Hi, any luck in finding the cable? I have the same problem. Do tell em as well if you find one. I am also searching and will tell you if find. do write me at

0 Kudos
Himan1
1 Nickel

Any luck? please update as I have same problem

0 Kudos