Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 27th, 2012 09:00

How can I change the Instant Launch selection?

I have a new Inspiron 7720.  I made a choice of what to open with the Instant Launch button, but found out the choice opened a utility I won't be using.  Now I can't find any way to change what the Instant Launch button launches.  Help!

Clay

2K Posts

November 27th, 2012 10:00

Hi Florida Clay,

Request you to follow the below steps:

(1) Click on start

(2) Select control panel

(3) Then detect Windows mobility center and click on it

(4) Windows mobility center page appears, now detect the software that has been configured for Instant launch option.

(5) You can make changes like disabling or changing setting for the software.

If you have further questions please reply to the same post.

November 27th, 2012 11:00

Thanks Kiran K.  I would never have guessed to look there in a million years!

Clay

6 Posts

February 24th, 2013 15:00

I am also trying to configure the Instant Launch button but my Mobility Center control panel has no option to do so. This is a brand new Inspiron 17R with Windows 8.

2K Posts

February 25th, 2013 23:00

Hi 911jason,

Request you to use the below link, input service tag, select right operating system,  click on Applications tab  and then download the Quickset driver:

http://dell.to/QjjZDA

If you have any questions do reply to the same post.

To know more about Dell’s products, services and drivers & downloads, please go to http://dell.to/QjjZDA

6 Posts

February 27th, 2013 06:00

Thank you, that fixed it. Not sure why it wasn't pre-installed on my new Dell though...?

2K Posts

February 27th, 2013 21:00

Hi 911jason,

Quicksets are pre-installed in Dell computers. However, using the latest Quickset on the Dell support site offers better enhancements and fixes.

5 Posts

January 22nd, 2014 07:00

For any people who have this problem in the future, a quicker way to change the purpose of the instant launch manager button is to just hold it.

Also, it's a missed opportunity that we can't bind windows 8 apps to it, and in windows 8.1 set which size of the screen we would like said app to occupy. For example, pressing the button causes the windows 8 facebook app to start and occupy the left 33% of the screen.

No Events found!