Highlighted
atzoref
1 Nickel

How can I change the scrolling method from two fingers to one finger? (Dell 5559, Win10)

Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron 5559 with Windows10, my question is:
How can I change the scrolling method from two fingers to one finger on the right/bottom touchpad as it was before?

I don't find the gestures configuration, how can I do it? Is it possible?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

RE: How can I change the scrolling method from two fingers to one finger? (Dell 5559, Win10)

I'm hoping this help.....

1. Go Settings

2. Devices

3. Mouse & Touchpad

4. Stroll to the bottom of page, click Additional Mouse Options

5. Click To Change Dell Touchpad Settings

0 Kudos
atzoref
1 Nickel

RE: How can I change the scrolling method from two fingers to one finger? (Dell 5559, Win10)

Thanks on the answer, but I don't have this line:
5. Click To Change Dell Touchpad Settings

It just shows Mouse setting without any mention of Dell Touchpad.

Maybe there is a missing driver or something? (The touchpad is working ok)

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

0 Kudos
atzoref
1 Nickel

I don't have the "Dell Touchpad" tab.
What should I need to install in order to fix this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Maybe there is a missing driver or something? (The touchpad is working ok)

You might be using a Precision touchpad driver instead of Dell touchpad driver. You can look in Device Manager for listing of a touchpad driver:

1. Press windows key + X key at the same time

2. Device Manager

3. Mice And Other Pointed Devices

0 Kudos
atzoref
1 Nickel

I don't have the "Dell Touchpad" item in the list of "Mice and other pointing devices".

By default I have only these:
HID-compliant mouse
PS/2 Compatible Mouse

When I'm connecting external mouse, I'm getting new "HID-compliant mouse" in addition.

What should I specific install to fix that? Where can I find the download for it?
(OS: Win 10 x64 bit, Dell Inspiron 5559)

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Dell Product Support page (Inspiron 5559):

www.dell.com/.../drivers;

0 Kudos
atzoref
1 Nickel

Should I need to install all the drivers in the "Mouse..." section?

Because I had already installed the "Dell Touchpad Driver" and nothing has been changed

There are also:
Intel RealSense Driver
Dell Unifying Application

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
5 Rhenium

Do you see Dell Touchpad Driver in Device Manager ? If yes, press the windows key and the X key at the same time, click Control Panel and then Hardware And Sound. Under Devices and Printers, click on Mouse. You should see the "Mouse Properties", hopefully you see Dell Touchpad as well.

0 Kudos