JToering
2 Iron

How can I update the Controlvault fingerprint firmware on M6600?

Jump to solution

The firmware install on the Dell Drivers page for my M6600 ControlVault software, for Windows 7 x64, is not compatible with Windows 7 x64.  When it runs, it echos that sleep.exe and ushdiag.exe are incompatible with 64 bit Windows.  Does anybody know if there is a x64 bit installer for this firmware?

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JToering
2 Iron

Re: How can I update the Controlvault fingerprint firmware on M6600?

Jump to solution

After reading batch files and readmes in the install, I came up with this:

- Install the driver.  It will make C:\Dell\Drivers\R309311 directory and fail

- Get out of everything

- Navigate to C:\Dell\Drivers\R309311\firmware directory with Explorer

- Open ushupgrade.exe as administrator and follow the instructions

Note:  I didn't actually run it because it turned out I didn't have to.  Both versions were the same.  The reason I was trying to, is the driver said there was a newer version of the firmware.  If there is, it's not on the Dell drivers site for my computer.

JToering
2 Iron

Jump to solution

Note:  I didn't actually run it because it turned out I didn't have to.  Both versions were the same.  The reason I was trying to, is the driver said there was a newer version of the firmware.  If there is, it's not on the Dell drivers site for my computer.

I did it just to test what I had written.  It works perfectly!  The batch file that Dell ships with their firmware upgrade will in no way work with anything 64 bit.  Even though you set the OS to Windows 7 64, it will give you an install that only works with x86.  However, if you use the method outlined above, it will work perfectly.  Even though the firmware said it was replacing what was there with the same version, it works a lot better now.  Before, I had to try different fingers, different speeds, etc. to get it to work.  After the update, one swipe of the index finger and it worked.  So if you need to update the ControlVault on a x64 machine, that's how to do it.

3 Replies
dearins
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

what mean ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
JToering
2 Iron

Jump to solution

After reading batch files and readmes in the install, I came up with this:

- Install the driver.  It will make C:\Dell\Drivers\R309311 directory and fail

- Get out of everything

- Navigate to C:\Dell\Drivers\R309311\firmware directory with Explorer

- Open ushupgrade.exe as administrator and follow the instructions

JToering
2 Iron

Jump to solution

I did it just to test what I had written.  It works perfectly!  The batch file that Dell ships with their firmware upgrade will in no way work with anything 64 bit.  Even though you set the OS to Windows 7 64, it will give you an install that only works with x86.  However, if you use the method outlined above, it will work perfectly.  Even though the firmware said it was replacing what was there with the same version, it works a lot better now.  Before, I had to try different fingers, different speeds, etc. to get it to work.  After the update, one swipe of the index finger and it worked.  So if you need to update the ControlVault on a x64 machine, that's how to do it.