Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2017 11:00

How disable the touchpad?

Hello support group!
I have a laptop DELL Vostro 14 5000 series with the operating system of Windows 7. I can not work successfully on the keyboard because of the high sensitivity of the touchpad. How do I disable the touchpad? I could not find this information.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 30th, 2017 12:00

:emotion-2:

Please type Device Manager onto the search box, stroll down to "Mice And Other Pointed Devices" and then expand it. Right click on Dell Touchpad and then disable.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 30th, 2017 12:00

Or....

Stroll down to windows 7 in the link below:

Disabling or Enabling the Touchpad on a Dell Notebook ...

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

March 30th, 2017 13:00

Before disabling the touchpad, I like to suggest changing the touch pad sensitivity by clicking on Start button, click on control panel, mouse, click on the touchpad image, and then adjust it.

The Touchpad Is Too Sensitive or Seems to Self-Click When ...

2 Posts

May 4th, 2017 06:00

Good afternoon.

Thanks for the advice, but my laptop does not have the necessary drivers installed.

At the technical support website says that my device is only supported by MS Windows 10.

For the Windows 7 operating system there are no touchpad drivers available for download.

I use a laptop at the work and Windows 7 is our corporate standard.

Is there a driver or program for the touchpad for OS Windows 7?

Or it is possible to disable the touch panel via BIOS?

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

May 4th, 2017 09:00

You could install a free utility call Touch freeze. It will shuts down the touchpad soon as you begin typing, also  turns it on when you stop. Please click on link below:

TouchFreeze

No Events found!