Highlighted
2 Bronze

How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

Jump to solution

I bought a brand new Inspiron laptop from Staples last year.  The machine is defective and I've called Dell on numerous occassions over the last year and a half.  The "techs" from India have taken over my computer on countless occassions but have never been able to fix the problem.  The sent a tech out to my office in July to but the repairs he made did not correct the problem.  I struggled to cope with the defective operation because I own a business and can not function without my computer and I was exasperated each time I wasted hours of my time with the techs from India.  I called again in October but recieved the same shoddy and impersonal service from a tech who tried  the same repair techniques that the other techs used over and over again.  My computer has now failed and the warranty expired last week.   My computer was defective from the day I bought it and I begged to be sent a new computer each time I spoke to the techs.  They would not honor my request because Dell does not stand behind their defective products.  This has been the worst customer service experience I have ever had with any company over the course of my entire life. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Re: How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

Jump to solution

I have 2 Dell computers and I am having trouble with one. It is an on going problem and nobody seems to be able to fix. I have sent it in to the depot 3 or 4 times( been so many I lost count.) I have spent hundreds of dollars on warranties for this computer. I tried to get another warranty and was told I could not because of an on going problem. Which there wasn't. So I paid out of my pocket to have it fixed. I have been sending it in and they tell me there is no problem. I have been dealing with this since April. The techs that I talk to are rude and I can't understand half of what they say to me. I have had nothing but problems with this computer since I got it. I want to file a complainant against Dell tech support. I have been a loyal customer for several years and I feel I don't deserve the treatment I have received. The computer I have is a replacement for the original one I bought. The original on was defective so they replaced it with a refurbished one which I thought was wrong to begin with. I thought I was buying a brand new computer. As far as I am concerned I will never buy another dell product. I have lost all faith in their products. You can look up all the records for my computers and there has been nothing but problems with both of them. Please contact me  via email.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

Business Address

C/O DELL INC.

ONE DELL WAY

ROUND ROCK TX 78682-2244

(512) 728-4737

(512) 338-4400

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

11 Replies
Highlighted

Jump to solution

Hi DMP1239,

Thanks for posting your comments and bringing your concerns to our attention. Customer feedback is a valuable tool used in evaluating our products and services. Please allow me to apologize for an frustration or inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please be advised you have posted your technical issue on a non-technical forum board. I am moving this post to our Notebook Forum Board for assistance, If you are unable to receive assistance past your warranty expiration date, our community members are extremely knowledgeable and may be able to provide a solution to your concerns. Once you have posted on the forum, you may Private Message the Forum Liaison, Dell-TerryB by clicking on his name in blue and providing the following information.

Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason:

Thank you for your patience,
Lorna

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thanks for the brush off...typcial Dell tactic to direct me to a member forum to address an issue with a defecitive computer.  I shouldn't have to continually waste my time and efforts.  My computer was defecitve from the day I bought it.  Dell should have simply replaced my computer. 

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Holy smokes... nice job, Dell. It would be nice if you all could possibly break out of your India transcripts long enough to think for yourselves.

As for me... I have had Dell computers since 1998. A few weeks ago I had to file a BBB complaint to get someone to talk to me about a parts request to fix two out-of-warranty laptops. I didn't want free, I just wanted to find out if the parts were available. I was ready, today, to buy two new laptops with a courtesy discount, and then Dell refused to honor their valid, unexpired coupons. The coupons had reached their maximum redemptions, I was told, so they would not honor them. Aka, they got their profit quota and don't need anymore business for this month in that market division.

Walking away, after 25 years of loyalty. I cannot wait until others start doing the same.

Companies who behave this way deserve to go out of business, and I hope they reap what they are sowing.

Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

You took the words right out of my mouth. I have been a customer w/ Dell for years and I upgraded both my daughters laptops to the new Windows 8 system. The 2 computers are barely six months old, both are having the same issues and slowly going downhill. One has already crashed. The Tech (yes, from India) did a diagnostic and found thousands of error <ADMIN NOTE: Substitute character  removed as per TOU> back to the first day we turned the laptops on. All the same he wanted to charge me to correct the issues. I think it is time to not only switch services but also make sure that other people understand what they are getting into with Dell. These computers are not even paid off and I may need to go buy 2 more. I am so disappointed with Dell.

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have been a dell customer since 2003. All in all we have bought no less than 25 computers from dell and have bought 3 brand new ones just recently.

One of them is just 3 weeks old and it has a problem. Their technical support is engineered to rip off customers. These guys in India are ready and waiting to hit you with a charge for fixing the smallest of issues. They tried to hard sell their additional warranty programs and the supervisor issued a veiled threat saying if I didn't buy this additional protection plan my brand new computer could crash and be destroyed. They employ the scare tactics to coerce you  in to paying additional fees.  I will never ever buy a dell computer or anything that has this name on it. They have lost their way and the service has gone down the drain.

Disgusting Dell..... shame on you....

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I have 2 Dell computers and I am having trouble with one. It is an on going problem and nobody seems to be able to fix. I have sent it in to the depot 3 or 4 times( been so many I lost count.) I have spent hundreds of dollars on warranties for this computer. I tried to get another warranty and was told I could not because of an on going problem. Which there wasn't. So I paid out of my pocket to have it fixed. I have been sending it in and they tell me there is no problem. I have been dealing with this since April. The techs that I talk to are rude and I can't understand half of what they say to me. I have had nothing but problems with this computer since I got it. I want to file a complainant against Dell tech support. I have been a loyal customer for several years and I feel I don't deserve the treatment I have received. The computer I have is a replacement for the original one I bought. The original on was defective so they replaced it with a refurbished one which I thought was wrong to begin with. I thought I was buying a brand new computer. As far as I am concerned I will never buy another dell product. I have lost all faith in their products. You can look up all the records for my computers and there has been nothing but problems with both of them. Please contact me  via email.

Highlighted
8 Xenon

Jump to solution

Business Address

C/O DELL INC.

ONE DELL WAY

ROUND ROCK TX 78682-2244

(512) 728-4737

(512) 338-4400

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

2 Bronze

Jump to solution

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I just went on this website because I was just given the run around by dell for 2 hour and everyone I spoke with was from the Phillipines.  My son and daughter have a dell and I also have dell computers for our business. I was getting ready to purchase another computer from dell for my daughter who just graduated high school but as of now I decided that I will no longer be purchasing dell computers.  Your customer service is terrible and I can't believe the response you gave to DMP 1239.  I guess Dell doesn't care about their customers.  Thanks but no thanks i will be taking my business elsewhere and I will also be passing the word along to my friends to so the same.

mrsy2446

Highlighted
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

totally agree with you i hope they go out of business the model i have is completely defected m5030 everyone who bought that model have the same issue of a black screen and 7 beeps continously and it happens in the exact time frame of a year and half after purchase and even when dell tried to fix it the problem popped up again outrageous and complete ripoff and they need to recall the product immediately.

Highlighted
DellEMC

Jump to solution

I apologize that I missed this, if any of you are still experiencing problems with your systems and you would like for me to investigate the cases please private message me.  Just click on the link in my signature and then click start conversation.  If you are having any problems just post here and I will send a friend request.   In your private message please include the service tag and I will be happy to investigate your claims.

TB

Specialize in Laptops, Mobile Devices
#IWork4Dell