Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 17th, 2014 12:00

How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

I bought a Dell laptop from the original owners and Dell wont honor the warranty that still is in effect until 06/2015. I did everything that was asked of me to transfer the ownership and I keep getting blocked from every angle.The laptop worked great for a few month but then the screen starting having issues and nothing I tired would fix it. I then tried to reach out to Dell and after a 2 and half out wait in the CHAT room on the Dell's website.

i also tried the online transfer form as requested by the Dell tech and it was denied because the Previous company name did not match the one I supplied (which was give to me from the previous owner)

How can I file a complaint with Corporate?  I am already working on a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.  Please help.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The warranty covers the original purchaser only  until transfer is done - that needs to be done with verification of ownership by the current, registered owner.  You need to have the party from whom  you purchased the system find the original owners - otherwise, you have an orphan system and should return the system to the seller for a refund and walk away from the deal.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

If so, you may be able to pursue the claim through EBay.

You have absolutely no warranty unless you can find the original owner's information to validate a transfer - that's not just Dell's policy, but is an industry standard.

6 Posts

The previous owner is no longer an active member of Ebay and since it's been over 90 days, Ebay will do nothing to help. i do have e-mails from the orignal owner stating the unit was being sold to me with a full Dell warranty still valid.

Simply put, returning the item is not an option.  

2 Posts

September 27th, 2014 04:00

I am going through the same problem.....

How do I file a complaint with Dell corporate headquarters?

No Events found!