Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

December 13th, 2014 19:00

How do I get my Microsoft Office programs back?

I have an InspIron Laptop computer that needed a new video card. I brought it to Staples and they sent it out to another facility. I got it back today. It is missing the Microsoft Office programs that were installed on the computer when I purchased it from Dell a couple of years ago. I called Staples and they said that I need to get the license number (I think that was what it was called) so that it can be reinstalled. I have spent about 5 hours trying to contact Dell and Microsoft without any success. I would like to speak to a live person who can get this resolved. I am so frustrated. Please advise!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

December 14th, 2014 03:00

If you purchased Office with the system, the license key is on a card that came with the system, and you can use it with the installer that's downloadable from Microsoft.  If you've lost the key, neither Dell nor Microsoft can replace it - you will need to purchase a new license key.

95 Posts

December 14th, 2014 05:00

i think staples might offer you a copy since they lost it. i would tell them to fix it. otherwise, you'll be doing some serious back tracking to get the key. this wasnt your fault to start.

jim

No Events found!