Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2015 14:00

How do I remove dvd bezel?

I have a Inspiron 17r with a tsst Corp SU-208CB/DEGHF drive that I'm trying to replace, but the replacement dvd drive does not have a faceplate bezel. How do I remove the bezel from the old drive? There are no screws and I cannot locate latches on the sides. Please save me.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 17th, 2015 04:00

Most drives haven't had separate bezels in quite some time - this one likely does not.

You'll need a replacement that has an integrated bezel as the original does.

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

May 17th, 2015 11:00

doubt if it can be done...just have  to find one that matches on ebay or from dell....desktop optical drives, some use to ship with black or white, but i don,t believe thats even done much anymore.

3 Posts

May 19th, 2015 08:00

Thank you both for your replies.  Since my post, I figured out how to remove the bezel. There is a tiny latch on the square part. Also, the drive I purchased was a Dell replacement.  The bezel is the faceplate that makes your new drive match the outside of the laptop.  According to my searches, most any dvd drive will work. The bezel is what makes the drive look right on your particular system.  Again,  I thank you both so much for your willingness to help.

1 Rookie

• 

2.1K Posts

May 20th, 2015 12:00

good luck..i have a white computer box, and its tough getting a white dvd optic drive these days, not sure why someone does not just make one...

3 Posts

May 20th, 2015 13:00

Good luck in your search. I agree that most pc drives come with the bezels attached.  If it helps, there are a lot of youtube videos demonstrating how to remove the bezel.  Go figure that mine had to be different.  Scratched my darn head all day, then pop! Right off. Hope yours comes off so you are not driven nuts by a black bezel on a white computer

No Events found!