Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 5th, 2012 15:00

How do i get scroll on my touchpad for my xps 15

I just purchased a new xps 15 and, unlike my family's touchpads and my old xps's touchpad, this one does not have side scrollbar. If it does, I am completely dumbfounded on how to activate it. I love the option of scrolling on the right side of my touchpad and I would enjoy having it on this computer.

Please help and thanks

2 Posts

January 5th, 2012 20:00

I had the same problem until about 5 minutes ago. Go to control panel -->Switch to small icons --> Click "mouse" (far right column for me) --> Click "Device Settings" tab on the top right --> Click "settings" (on the middle right hand side) --> Double click "Scrolling" (second on list below "overview") --> Click "One-finger" scrolling--> Check the "enable vertical scrolling"  and "enable horizontal scrolling"

- For some reason Dell set the default to two finger scrolling so if you can't find the above menu try placing your index and middle finger about half and in apart in the middle of the trackpad and pull down like you normally do to scroll with one finger

--Hope that helps :)

4.4K Posts

January 5th, 2012 16:00

Go into your mouse/touchpad options.  You can turn it on there.

3 Posts

January 5th, 2012 19:00

I have tried. The only thing i can find is switch between "scrol item under pointer" and "scroll selected item" but neither turn on my scroll for the touchpad.

2 Posts

*put your fingers half an inch apart for the two finger scrolling

4.4K Posts

I'm not sure what your touchpad software looks like but this is mine.  I click on the scroll and Zoom and there is a switch to turn the Scolling and zoom on or off.

3 Posts

January 6th, 2012 05:00

thanks so much! I didnt even think to try and scroll like a mac but i have it set like it did with my last dell. thanks!

1 Message

May 7th, 2016 20:00

same here

No Events found!