Highlighted
SamyakVeera
Bronze

How do you take a screen shot on a DELL?

Jump to solution

Hi, My name is Samyak Veera from U.S ?

I have no idea how on a dell.... just on a MAC..

If any one know help me please...

Thanks

Samyak Veera

13 Replies

RE: How do you take a screen shot on a DELL?

Jump to solution

Hi SamyakVeera,

First, you need to locate the Prt Scrn button on your keyboard. Normally it should be End button on the Dell laptop. You will need to Press Fn + End button simultaneously then open a Paint app in the operating system and paste (Ctrl+ V) it and edit the picture if you want.

Jim Coates
Gallium

Jump to solution

Hello Samyak Veera.

A simple way is to use the Windows Snipping Tool (type snipping in the Windows search box, or you can find it in the list of Programs under "Accessories").

However the Snipping Tool will not capture the cursor or a context menu, so if you need a shot that contains those items you would be better to use the Fn+Prnt Scrn method explained by Ravi BC.

[If you ever need to post a screen shot into a post here on the Dell Forum, the instructions are here.]

Jim Coates -- 14 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

kirkd
Rhenium

Jump to solution

With Windows 8:

Desktop: Hold the Windows key and press PrintScreen or PrtScr. The screen shot will appear in a ScreenShot folder in the Pictures folder.

Laptop: Same way or press the Fn key along with the PrtScr key

XPS M1530, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Inspiron E1705, Win 10 CU Pro 32-bit
Dimension 9100, Win 10 AU Pro 32 bit
Inspiron 660, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Inspiron 3668, Win 10 CU 64 bit
Asus T100 Tablet, Windows 10 CU 32 bit

0 Kudos
slnutini
Copper

Jump to solution

And this is why I will buy a Mac next. SO much flippin easier and you can frame what you want to take a screenshot of. PC's are buns with this kind of stuff, seriously. 

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Gallium

Jump to solution

and you can frame what you want to take a screenshot of

Hello. I'm sure Macs are better than PC's in many ways. I have to say, though, that it is pretty easy to frame a  shot with the Windows Snipping Tool. You just drag a box around whatever you want to capture.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Its a yeoman servvice Smiley Happy                                                     I got it Smiley Happy

jeffcard
Nickel

Jump to solution

Just click Prt Scrn button on your keyboard will take a screenshot of your computer and save as jpg format. If you want to record your Dell computer screen, this acethinker screen grabber online will help you, free and easy to use, no need to download or install anything. You just need to click the red dot "start" button.

0 Kudos
Jim Coates
Gallium

Jump to solution

Just click Prt Scrn button on your keyboard will take a screenshot of your computer

Hello. What model of Dell laptop do you have? I'm asking because that won't work on any of the Dell laptops that I have owned. On any of mine, you need to press the Fn key along with the PrntScrn key, as KirkD explained above.

[The reason I mention laptops is that this thread is on the Laptop forum.]

0 Kudos
Kamalani808
Copper

Jump to solution

good to know

0 Kudos