Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2017 09:00

How to change E5510 backlight settings

I received a new E5510 at work and they re-imaged it before sending it to me.  I'm trying to find the utility that lets me control the backlight timeout, but I think it wasn't included in the re-image.  Can someone tell me what I need to install to regain this control?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

January 3rd, 2017 14:00

The utility is called Dell Quickset.

• 

16.7K Posts

January 9th, 2017 08:00

tdwilson58,

You can also click the link below to download the Dell Enhancement Pack.

The Dell Feature Enhancement Pack (DFEP 2.2) utility is a system Utility application. With this application installed you will be able to :
•To change the Backlit Time Out
•To change the LED Brightness
•To change when the LEDs should resume after a Time Out
•In Control Panel you will gain an additional two (2) tabs in the keyboard properties window.

Note: This is the most current and up to date solution we can offer. It will take the place of all of the other previous solutions. This solution will also be subject to change in time. As systems and utilities change over time, so will the solutions offered. We will endeavour to keep this solution as up to date as possible.

This solution has been tested out on the Windows 7, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 operating systems with no issues seen.

This solution has been tested across a range of Models and System Types with no issues seen.

You can download the Dell Feature Enhancement Pack Utility below :

DFEP 2.2 64 BIT

http://dell.to/2iVeyjL

No Events found!