Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 15th, 2015 12:00

How to disable Desktop & Longevity model in Dell battery meter?

Hi,

I am running Dell Inspiron 15, from the time the Dell Battery meter got enabled, my battery is not charging more than 50%. I have gone to battery meter settings & disabled it too, but after 50% the charging stops. How do I change this? I have even tried to uninstall but it doesn't show up in Programs & Features to uninstall.

I have a lot of running around to do, so I need it to charge fully when I am travelling.

Thanks in advance for the support.

Sarma.

780 Posts

May 16th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for reaching us.

Can you try removing "Quickset" from the programs and features.

Check if that helps, If it does, You may reinstall the program again from dell support website, but do not enable battery longevity mode

Support site link: www.dell.com/support

Thank you

2 Posts

May 21st, 2015 06:00

Hi Gokul,

Greetings!

I have uninstalled & re-installed the "Quickset" as suggested. But it hasn't helped, now the battery is not charging beyond 30%. This is seriously effecting my mobility, hence request your immediate support as I travel a lot.

I have checked the batter status using the support tools of Dell & every test shows the battery is normal.

Thanks in advance.

With Best Regards,

Sarma.

780 Posts

May 25th, 2015 07:00

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Can you check what is the BIOS version in your laptop?

Please update the BIOS to the latest version from the dell support website www.dell.com/support

That should help as the quickset didn't resolve the issue.

Incase if this doesn't solve, Please send a private message with the computer's service tag.

To send a private message, click on my name and click start conversation.

Thank you

No Events found!